I'm planning on hosting a monthly tech talk series in which you can interact with members of our labs, support, product management, and services team on specific technical topics. To kick off the new year, our first talk will be an overview of What is new in Version 9, with Nir Carmel, product line manager, as the primary speaker. This talk will be held on January 24th at 1PM Eastern.
These talks will be somewhat informal (that means my fingers are crossed that everything works ok!) and will cover a variety of skill levels. For more information about the tech talks, subscribe to this page on the community wiki. Also, if you have any input for specific topics that you think would be valuable to a wider audience, please let me know (krzeide at ibm.com) or add a comment to this forum.
The February tech talk is tentatively planned to be Guardium 101, to help people that are just trying to get their heads around the product/space. I'm new enough to Guardium that I still feel I can relate to what it's like to be new to this area. If you have clients or staff members that are brand new to Guardium, are there any specific topics that you think should be addressed in a 45 minute 101 session? Here is what I was thinking.. but I'm open to suggestions.
- What is Guardium - is it a product, a platform, a series of products?
- The bits and pieces (architectural overview and how data flows through the system), including Policies
- Deployment topologies
- The importance of groups
- Whirlwhind tour of the UI and how it works (role-based, customization)
- Tour of the command line interface and apis (for the deep techies among you)
- Roles and responsibilities - How do various organizations parcel out the responsibility for managing the system and controlling who sees what
- Where do you find more info? (Help, Information Center, classes, online community more)
March is tentatively planned to be a talk on a Roadmap to a successful V9 upgrade.
I hope you can join us. I look forward to meeting you all, virtually.