Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T17:27:03Z by KRZ
KRZ
KRZ
63 Posts

Pinned topic Guardium Tech Talks (announcement and looking for input)

‏2013-01-04T23:28:28Z |
Hi everyone.
I'm planning on hosting a monthly tech talk series in which you can interact with members of our labs, support, product management, and services team on specific technical topics. To kick off the new year, our first talk will be an overview of What is new in Version 9, with Nir Carmel, product line manager, as the primary speaker. This talk will be held on January 24th at 1PM Eastern.

These talks will be somewhat informal (that means my fingers are crossed that everything works ok!) and will cover a variety of skill levels. For more information about the tech talks, subscribe to this page on the community wiki. Also, if you have any input for specific topics that you think would be valuable to a wider audience, please let me know (krzeide at ibm.com) or add a comment to this forum.

The February tech talk is tentatively planned to be Guardium 101, to help people that are just trying to get their heads around the product/space. I'm new enough to Guardium that I still feel I can relate to what it's like to be new to this area. If you have clients or staff members that are brand new to Guardium, are there any specific topics that you think should be addressed in a 45 minute 101 session? Here is what I was thinking.. but I'm open to suggestions.

• What is Guardium - is it a product, a platform, a series of products?
  • The bits and pieces (architectural overview and how data flows through the system), including Policies
  • Deployment topologies
  • The importance of groups
  • Whirlwhind tour of the UI and how it works (role-based, customization)
  • Tour of the command line interface and apis (for the deep techies among you)
  • Roles and responsibilities - How do various organizations parcel out the responsibility for managing the system and controlling who sees what
  • Where do you find more info? (Help, Information Center, classes, online community more)

March is tentatively planned to be a talk on a Roadmap to a successful V9 upgrade.

I hope you can join us. I look forward to meeting you all, virtually.
Kathy Zeidenstein
Updated on 2013-02-01T17:27:03Z at 2013-02-01T17:27:03Z by KRZ
  • RBanigol
    RBanigol
    4 Posts

Re: Guardium Tech Talks (announcement and looking for input)

‏2013-01-10T07:54:15Z  
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info in Guardium Forum. Much appreciated, if you start this session at 11:30 Am instead of 1PM EST, As its late night for us.

Is there any WebEx session??

Regards,
    BR.
  • KRZ
    KRZ
    63 Posts

‏2013-01-11T21:25:20Z  
    • RBanigol
    • ‏2013-01-10T07:54:15Z
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info in Guardium Forum. Much appreciated, if you start this session at 11:30 Am instead of 1PM EST, As its late night for us.

Is there any WebEx session??

Regards,
    BR.
    Hi, I've already publicized this one, so I can't change the time. I will try to accommodate for future ones based on speaker availability.
    If you register for the event, you will get the invitation that will include details for the web conference.

And, if all goes well (IF), I hope to be able to post the recordings.

Kathy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-12T02:47:44Z  
    Using system lsof at /usr/sbin/lsof
    Starting Ktap module
    Searching for modules in /usr/local/guardium/guard_stap/ktap/current/modules-*.tgz
    An exact match for kernel 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek can not be found.
    We can try to load the closest fitting delivered module.
    This feature is not enabled by default, but we recommend
    enabling it to reduce delays in support.
    Do you wish to enable this feature (y/N/h)? y
    guard_ktap_loader: ===================================================================
    guard_ktap_loader: We cannot provide a module for the running kernel and no close
    guard_ktap_loader: fitting combination was found. Please contact IBM and provide the
    guard_ktap_loader: following information:
    guard_ktap_loader: uname: Linux bredt1-svbddh11.cgmp-osa.com.br 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 21:02:33 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    guard_ktap_loader: release: Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Carthage) Oracle Linux Server release 5.7 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga)
    guard_ktap_loader: kernel: Using system lsof at /usr/sbin/lsof
    Starting Ktap module
    Searching for modules in /usr/local/guardium/guard_stap/ktap/current/modules-*.tgz
    An exact match for kernel 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek can not be found.
    We can try to load the closest fitting delivered module.
    This feature is not enabled by default, but we recommend
    enabling it to reduce delays in support.
    Do you wish to enable this feature (y/N/h)? y
    guard_ktap_loader: ===================================================================
    guard_ktap_loader: We cannot provide a module for the running kernel and no close
    guard_ktap_loader: fitting combination was found. Please contact IBM and provide the
    guard_ktap_loader: following information:
    guard_ktap_loader: uname: Linux bredt1-svbddh11.cgmp-osa.com.br 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 21:02:33 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    guard_ktap_loader: release: Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Carthage) Oracle Linux Server release 5.7 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga)
    guard_ktap_loader: kernel: 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek-x86_64-SMP
    guard_ktap_loader: The in-kernel functionality will now be disabled.
    Could not start KTAP
    guard_ktap_loader: ktap module is not loaded at this time.

If you decide not to continue the installation, then the
    failed installation will be cleanup up. If you choose
    to continue, then stap will be running with pcap (devices
    will need to be set in guard_tap.ini). Manual steps will
    be required to enable ktap later, if desired.
    Do you wish to continue installation? y/N

guard_ktap_loader: The in-kernel functionality will now be disabled.
    Could not start KTAP
    guard_ktap_loader: ktap module is not loaded at this time.

If you decide not to continue the installation, then the
    failed installation will be cleanup up. If you choose
    to continue, then stap will be running with pcap (devices
    will need to be set in guard_tap.ini). Manual steps will
    be required to enable ktap later, if desired.
    Do you wish to continue installation? y/N
    Somebody knows how to solve this BIG BUG????!!! We tried many times with the support and they returned to us the new module updated, but when we openned there was the same file with different name.

Our problem is: WE NEED THE MODULE for KERNEL 2.6.32-200.13.1.el5uek-x86_64-SMP.

Many thanks if somebody can HELP US!!!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-21T14:36:26Z  
    Hi, that is a good idea. May I suggest to have some talk on the best practices and usage such as:

1. How to effectively create the policy and rules.
    2. How to effectively create alert for self-monitoring
    3. How to effectively create the compliance workflow
    etc....
  • KRZ
    KRZ
    63 Posts

‏2013-01-23T18:28:40Z  
    Hi, that is a good idea. May I suggest to have some talk on the best practices and usage such as:

1. How to effectively create the policy and rules.
    2. How to effectively create alert for self-monitoring
    3. How to effectively create the compliance workflow
    etc....
    Thanks, all good ideas!
    I do have placeholders for a couple of those already. I'll be sure the speakers get the best practices stuff in there.

Just a reminder to everyone that our first tech talk is tomorrow with Nir Carmel, the product line manager, talking about the V9 enhancements. The talk will be audiocast so you don't have to dial in with a phone line unless you want to..

Not too late to register!
  • KRZ
    KRZ
    63 Posts

Re: Guardium Tech Talks (announcement and looking for input) - Recording

‏2013-02-01T17:27:03Z  
    Hi, everyone
    The recording can be found on the InfoSphere Guardium YouTube channel here.
    Handouts with notes are on the developerWorks Guardium community wiki.
    Kathy