10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T10:28:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30897 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ConfigEngine connect-database failure in Portal Server v8.0

‏2013-01-04T08:24:28Z |
Dear All,

I have migrated from portal server v6.1.5.3 (DB2 v9.5 with fix pack) to Portal server v8.0 (DB2 v9.7 with fix pack)
Migrated DB2 also.

I have completed following task for this migration:
1. Migrate a deployment manager on a remote machine.
2. Upgrading remote nodes.
3. Setting up unique ports.
4. Upgrading the ConfigEngine tool.
5. Configuring transaction logging space.
6. Validate database (using typ 4 driver (db2jcc4.jar))

While connecting to the database from portal server using config engine, i am getting the following error:

wplc-create-jdbc-provider Instance attributes (Set 1 of 1):
wplc-create-jdbc-provider jdbcprovidername="wpdbJDBC_db2"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider DbDriverType="4"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider attribute= *** NONE_SPECIFIED ***
wplc-create-jdbc-provider DbType="db2"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider useXA="true"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider implementationClassName= *** NOT_SPECIFIED ***
wplc-create-jdbc-provider templatename= *** NOT_SPECIFIED ***
wplc-create-jdbc-provider DbUrl="jdbc:db2://<hostname>:50000/reldb:returnAlias=0;"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider forceScope="false"
wplc-create-jdbc-provider Server/Node are part of Cluster PortalCluster Will scope to Cluster
wplc-create-jdbc-provider useXAString: true DbDriverTypeString: 4 DbUrl: jdbc:db2://<hostname>:50000/reldb:returnAlias=0;
wplc-create-jdbc-provider useXA: true DbDriverType: 4
wplc-create-jdbc-provider using template: DB2 Using IBM JCC Driver (XA)
wplc-create-jdbc-provider JDBCProvider wpdbJDBC_db2 create fail.
wplc-create-jdbc-provider Template not found in current WAS version!

Here implementationClassName, templatename are NOT_SPECIFIED. Where can i found those information and how to resolve this problem?
Why its taking DB2 Using IBM JCC Driver (XA) instead of Universal JDBC Driver (XA)?

Thanks in advance.
Nehrukannan
Updated on 2013-01-21T10:28:02Z at 2013-01-21T10:28:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • httweed
    httweed
    510 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ConfigEngine connect-database failure in Portal Server v8.0

‏2013-01-04T20:01:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The "DB2 Using IBM JCC Driver (XA)" template is the default template used for Portal v8. Portal does not explicitly pass a template name into the ConfigEngine script so it just uses that as a default. It should be there, and the fact yours says it can't find it implies that something might be wrong with your WebSphere Application Server installation.

The template would be defined in this file:

<profile root>/config/templates/system/jdbc-resource-provider-templates.xml

Is this file missing? Check both the portal profile and DMGR profile.

~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      30897 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T04:19:42Z  in response to httweed
      Thanks for your reply.

The template files are available in both wp_profile and Dmgr profiles.

Regards,
      Nehrukannan.R
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      30897 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T04:25:28Z  in response to httweed
      Forgot to mention one important point. I am trying to connect from Portal Server (64 bit) to Db2 (32 bit).

Regards,
      Nehrukannan.R
      • httweed
        httweed
        510 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T04:32:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Are these values in wkplc.properties pointing to the right hostname and port:

WasRemoteHostName
        WasSoapPort

If your Portal is federated and communicating with the DMGR, then these values should be the DMGR values. If your Portal is still standalone, then this should be the WebSphere_Portal server hostname and soap port. If the template exists on in both profiles like you say, then it would suggest that the script is not connecting to either of those profiles, and that would be controlled by those properties.
        ~HT
        The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
        • httweed
          httweed
          510 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T04:32:37Z  in response to httweed
          Also, could you upload both of those template files to this thread?

~HT
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            30897 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T05:08:50Z  in response to httweed
            Thanks for your reply.

I made a mistake in wkplc.properties. Instead of target machine host name, i have specified source machine host name.
            I have changed it to as target machine host and ran the command. It's working.
            Doing the further steps.

Once again thanks for your valuable information.

Regards,
            Nehrukannan.R
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            30897 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-11T09:34:52Z  in response to httweed
            I have migrated successfully.

Till Updating portlets URL, i have completed.

The context root has been changed as wps_migrated. So, i have updated URI as wps with the help of http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/017a458ac61675e78025716900586077/f5fcfbb70cea06c985257880007ba47a?OpenDocument#Using+xmlaccess+to+change+the+context+root+of+migrated+theme%28s%29

Now i am facing the problem.
            1. Since i have activate-portlets for all nodes, Portlets are not activated.
            2. I am not able to start the migrated portlets.

Did i miss anything? Do u have the migration document for v6.1.0.6 to v8.0?

Thanks and Regards,
            Nehrukannan.R
            • httweed
              httweed
              510 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-11T17:47:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hmm...if you've missed any steps during migration, I couldn't say. The PDF on this page might help:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036349

What error or errors do you see when you try to start the portlets?

~HT
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                30897 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-12T05:20:29Z  in response to httweed
                When i tried to start the deployed application through admin console, SystemOut.log file shows

http://192.168.100.75:10040/wps/seedlist/server?Action=GetDocuments&Format=ATOM&Locale=en_US&Range=100&Source=com.ibm.lotus.search.plugins.seedlist.retriever.jcr.JCRRetrieverFactory&Start=0&SeedlistId=1@OOTB_CRAWLER1&Timestamp=rO0ABXNyADZjb20uaWJtLmljbS50cy50c3Muc2VlZGxpc3QucmV0cmlldmVyLmltcGwuSkNSU3RhdGVJbXAAAAAAAAAAAAIAA0oABHRpbWVMAAxzdWJzY3JpYmVySUR0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZztMAAl0b3BpY05hbWVxAH4AAXhwAAABPCJ8Pxx0AA1PT1RCX0NSQVdMRVIxdAABMQ%3D%3D

when try to open the above link,
                the page shows as follows,'

<ErrorResponse version="1.0"><MessageCode>SEEDLISTRTVJCR0001E</MessageCode><MessageText>SeedlistException: SeedlistMessage0: SEVERITY_ERROR: SeedlistMessage ID: SEEDLISTRTVJCR0001E Resource Bundle: com.ibm.icm.ts.tss.seedlist.retriever.jcr.resources.SeedlistRetrieverJCRMessages] SeedlistMessage Text: [ SeedlistMessage Arguments: Arg0: String: getDocuments Arg1: String: 1@OOTB_CRAWLER1</MessageText></ErrorResponse>

And, migrted portlets are shows as This portal information portlet has not been configured.

I have deployed leaveapplication.
                My leave application is accessing the v9.1 database. Is v8.0 portal supports v9.1 DB?

I have attached the SystemOut.log file for the primary node.

Thanks and Reagrds,
                Nehrukannan.R
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                30897 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T10:28:02Z  in response to httweed
                When i tried to start the deployed application through admin console, SystemOut.log file shows

http://192.168.100.75:10040/wps/seedlist/server?Action=GetDocuments&Format=ATOM&Locale=en_US&Range=100&Source=com.ibm.lotus.search.plugins.seedlist.retriever.jcr.JCRRetrieverFactory&Start=0&SeedlistId=1@OOTB_CRAWLER1&Timestamp=rO0ABXNyADZjb20uaWJtLmljbS50cy50c3Muc2VlZGxpc3QucmV0cmlldmVyLmltcGwuSkNSU3RhdGVJbXAAAAAAAAAAAAIAA0oABHRpbWVMAAxzdWJzY3JpYmVySUR0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZztMAAl0b3BpY05hbWVxAH4AAXhwAAABPCJ8Pxx0AA1PT1RCX0NSQVdMRVIxdAABMQ%3D%3D

when try to open the above link,
                the page shows as follows,'

<ErrorResponse version="1.0"><MessageCode>SEEDLISTRTVJCR0001E</MessageCode><MessageText>SeedlistException: SeedlistMessage0: SEVERITY_ERROR: SeedlistMessage ID: SEEDLISTRTVJCR0001E Resource Bundle: com.ibm.icm.ts.tss.seedlist.retriever.jcr.resources.SeedlistRetrieverJCRMessages] SeedlistMessage Text: [ SeedlistMessage Arguments: Arg0: String: getDocuments Arg1: String: 1@OOTB_CRAWLER1</MessageText></ErrorResponse>

And, migrted portlets are shows as This portal information portlet has not been configured.

I have deployed leaveapplication.
                My leave application is accessing the v9.1 database. Is v8.0 portal supports v9.1 DB?

Thanks and Reagrds,
                Nehrukannan.R