Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-10T16:46:42Z by kevmeist
kevmeist
kevmeist
249 Posts

Pinned topic CICS Explorer 5.1 filtering and case sensitivity

‏2013-01-03T19:16:35Z |
In transaction view in the CICSPlex....the filters are case sensitive? Apparently so, as an UC "P*" works to filter transactions for what I am looking for but LC "p*" does not. Was that always so for Explorer?

Is there still not a way of filtering IBM transactions/programs OUT if being viewed????? See below also.

I saw a comment from Satish about "enhanced filtering" but couldn't find anything in the help when searching for that. Can we gang filters together so that I can NOT display such things such as IBM provided CICS transactions, LE transactions, DB2 transactions etc in a single filter?

Kevin
Updated on 2013-01-10T16:46:42Z at 2013-01-10T16:46:42Z by kevmeist
  • SatishTanna
    SatishTanna
    38 Posts

Re: CICS Explorer 5.1 filtering and case sensitivity

‏2013-01-04T09:57:02Z  
    Hi Kevin,

The filtering I mentioned is only available via the Data Filtering function in the CICS PA plug-in. Here you can specify filters such as Transaction ID!=CE*,Transaction ID!=CR*. I will let someone from the CICS Explorer team comment on filtering in the base CICS Explorer.

Satish
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2013-01-09T10:24:44Z  
    Hi Kevin,

I don't believe that behaviour has changed recently - certainly 1.1.1.x behaves the same and I don't have any reason to think any of the older versions would be different.

We are definitely aware of the need to filter out IBM transaction and programs out, and some work has gone on under the covers and in the server that was preventing us making progress for 5.1.

It would be great to hear your feedback on the PA filtering mechanism, how it works for you, how you're using it, and whether that's the kind of thing you'd like to see in the base.

Thanks for using Explorer and for your comments :-)

Dave
  • kevmeist
    kevmeist
    249 Posts

‏2013-01-10T16:46:42Z  
    Hi Kevin,

I don't believe that behaviour has changed recently - certainly 1.1.1.x behaves the same and I don't have any reason to think any of the older versions would be different.

We are definitely aware of the need to filter out IBM transaction and programs out, and some work has gone on under the covers and in the server that was preventing us making progress for 5.1.

It would be great to hear your feedback on the PA filtering mechanism, how it works for you, how you're using it, and whether that's the kind of thing you'd like to see in the base.

Thanks for using Explorer and for your comments :-)

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Try as I may I can't get the sysprogs here to use Explorer or the PA plugin much if at all). They prefer to use the mainframe for pulling PA reports. I don't. So, I'm probably the ONLY user here using Explorer here with PA. I played a little with PA filters this morning and they look very useful.

I did notice with the PA plugin using the dialog box titled "Transaction ID" (located on the middle left of the default perspective NOT the part labeled "data filters" on the top right that it is case sensitive. I'm not sure that I meant that earlier or not.

So, when using the "Transaction ID" dialog box (middle left of the default screen perspective) and I key in "qw*" I get nothing returned. If I type in "QW*" I get the type of data that I expected.

The biggest thing (to me) is still needing to NOT see anything IBM defined when I am looking at transactions and programs. Being able to type in "Transaction Id=P*" if all of our transactions began with a "P" is a good start but, personally, I would still like to see a check box that says don't show anything IBM defined.

Regards,

Kevin