Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T07:07:09Z by J.BJERRE
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts

Pinned topic DX from multiple cubes not supported.Any workaround for this is report?

‏2013-01-03T08:42:11Z |
I have two TM1 cubes. One having the 'Contract Details' and the other 'Claim Details'. Each contract can have multiple claims. So 'Claim Details' Cube has a 'Contract Dimension' shared in both the cubes whereas none of the other dimensions are shared.

I want to build a chart in Cognos report where I want to see the 'Contract Sum' from the 'Contract' cube against total contract sum of all the claims from 'Claims' cube.

Whenever I run my report, I get the error 'MDX from multiple cubes not supported'

Can you please give a workaround?

Thanks in advance!!
Updated on 2013-01-07T07:07:09Z at 2013-01-07T07:07:09Z by J.BJERRE
  • J.BJERRE
    J.BJERRE
    52 Posts

Re: DX from multiple cubes not supported.Any workaround for this is report?

‏2013-01-03T17:59:04Z  
    Hi
    To build a report with two TM1 cubes as datasource in the same graph you have to do the following.
    Create a query for each TM1 cube.
    Union the two queries into a third query.
    Use the Union query as your source for your graph.
    Have in mind that the 2 queries should have the exact same dataitems (name and type) to union those.

Best Regards.
    J.Bjerre
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2013-01-04T02:57:43Z  
    • J.BJERRE
    • ‏2013-01-03T17:59:04Z
    Hi
    To build a report with two TM1 cubes as datasource in the same graph you have to do the following.
    Create a query for each TM1 cube.
    Union the two queries into a third query.
    Use the Union query as your source for your graph.
    Have in mind that the 2 queries should have the exact same dataitems (name and type) to union those.

Best Regards.
    J.Bjerre
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried this earlier but the problem here is that both the cubes have different dimensions and one has more dimension than the other.
    here in this case 'Contract' cube has more and diff dimensions than 'Claims' cube. When I try to get the 'Contract sum' from 'Contract'Cube(lets say using tuple function), one member from each of the dimensions has to be present in the query (hence members will be more in number and diff from other cube and i cant avoid this situation).
    From second cube, I want to pull the 'maximum Contract sum' for a particular contract(here dimensions are few).

So when I union these two queries, I will not get required query.

I want to use 'contract sum'(from Contracts Cube) and 'Max contract sum'(from Claims Cube) into a pie chart.
  • J.BJERRE
    J.BJERRE
    52 Posts

‏2013-01-05T05:08:48Z  
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried this earlier but the problem here is that both the cubes have different dimensions and one has more dimension than the other.
    here in this case 'Contract' cube has more and diff dimensions than 'Claims' cube. When I try to get the 'Contract sum' from 'Contract'Cube(lets say using tuple function), one member from each of the dimensions has to be present in the query (hence members will be more in number and diff from other cube and i cant avoid this situation).
    From second cube, I want to pull the 'maximum Contract sum' for a particular contract(here dimensions are few).

So when I union these two queries, I will not get required query.

I want to use 'contract sum'(from Contracts Cube) and 'Max contract sum'(from Claims Cube) into a pie chart.
    To union the 2 queries the same dataitem have to exist in the same order in both queries. To handle the differences in dimension, just "manuelly" create the missing dataitem and put in a stationary value.
    Ex. in the query from the Contracts cube, you create a dataitem with the name 'Max contract sum' that holds the value 0.
    I have used this method in simular situations to yours and it works fine, when you get the 2 queries to look the same.

Best regards
    J.Bjerre
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2013-01-07T06:31:02Z  
    • J.BJERRE
    • ‏2013-01-05T05:08:48Z
    To union the 2 queries the same dataitem have to exist in the same order in both queries. To handle the differences in dimension, just "manuelly" create the missing dataitem and put in a stationary value.
    Ex. in the query from the Contracts cube, you create a dataitem with the name 'Max contract sum' that holds the value 0.
    I have used this method in simular situations to yours and it works fine, when you get the 2 queries to look the same.

Best regards
    J.Bjerre
    'An unexpected exception occurred: com.cognos.xqe.ast.v5.query.V5DataItem incompatible with com.cognos.xqe.ast.v5Exp.V5SimpleNode'

I am getting this error.

Fyi..
    Contracts Query has a data item whose expression is "value(tuple(Original Contract,MRTCORP/KVMRT-SBK/ELE/V6/119,currentMember(Contracts.Time.Time),currentMember(Contracts.Currency.Currency)))"

Claims has a data item whose expression is "maximum(Original Contract within set (IPC.IPC IDS.IPC IDS))"

Rest are either 'Members' or 'Member Sets' in both the queries(same in number). Along with this, both the queries has a Slicer Member Set.

I am new to using Cognos 10 with TM1 as the source. So not sure if I am doing everything correct here. Please help.

Thanks
  • J.BJERRE
    J.BJERRE
    52 Posts

‏2013-01-07T07:07:09Z  
    'An unexpected exception occurred: com.cognos.xqe.ast.v5.query.V5DataItem incompatible with com.cognos.xqe.ast.v5Exp.V5SimpleNode'

I am getting this error.

Fyi..
    Contracts Query has a data item whose expression is "value(tuple(Original Contract,MRTCORP/KVMRT-SBK/ELE/V6/119,currentMember(Contracts.Time.Time),currentMember(Contracts.Currency.Currency)))"

Claims has a data item whose expression is "maximum(Original Contract within set (IPC.IPC IDS.IPC IDS))"

Rest are either 'Members' or 'Member Sets' in both the queries(same in number). Along with this, both the queries has a Slicer Member Set.

I am new to using Cognos 10 with TM1 as the source. So not sure if I am doing everything correct here. Please help.

Thanks
    Hi

Maybe because the first one isn't numeric(decimal) and the other one is.
    Just create one extra dataitem per query matching the dataitem in the other query. the extra dataitem should just contaion 0 or ''
    You should one match dataitem, which are exactly the same (measure or dimension).

Hope this helps.

BTW This has nothing to do with using TM1 as datasource, this problem is related to using union.