• 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-09-10T16:24:53Z by nageshsirish
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Move Token REST API

‏2013-01-03T00:40:16Z |
Hi,

We are using IBM BPM 8.0 deployment manager environment in Production. Has somebody used the Move Token REST api? Please suggest fro my scenario.

We have a process which calls a stored procedure (Using the SQL Call Stored Procedure(SQLResult)) to fetch data in the form of dates.
During certain time the data was returning invalid values for date so the stored procedure call was falling. We see the following error in Process Inspector

Error: Runtime error in script ("bpd engine expression" -1:-1).Internal Script error: org.jdom.IllegalDataException: The data "" is not legal for a JDOM CDATA section: 0x0 is not a legal XML character.

What we tried
We tried to resume the process using retry failed steps from process inspector but it didn't work.
We tried the move token REST API call using tw_admin user. We tried to move it to the service id before the stored procedure call and also a timer event after the call but the token is not moving. We have used the id both with "bpdId" string and without the string like "bpdid:acaecff8208d668f:-18bb95f3:13a4ac2ab08:-7fe9" for the step id parameter.

P.S <adhoc-reroute-enabled>true</adhoc-reroute-enabled> in dmgr

Can you suggest what syntax and examples of input we should use to move the token.

Expected Result:
The data in database has been corrected and the stored procedure is repeating correct values for the stored procedure now. We want to move the token to an activity before so that It can retry the stored procedure and work properly.

Manish
Updated on 2013-03-01T15:46:08Z at 2013-03-01T15:46:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Move Token REST API

‏2013-01-03T18:34:00Z  
    Any thoughts?

Manish
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

‏2013-01-03T18:50:48Z  
    Any thoughts?

Manish
    Hi Manish,
    I used that REST API successfully. What exactly did you try? What was the result?

Neil
  • DonWilliams(ProcessKonsult)
    5 Posts

‏2013-01-11T21:12:42Z  
    I'm having an issue where I can move tokens between activities just fine if they're at the top-level BPD. However, if I'm down in a sub-BPD trying to move the token, it gives me an error saying "The 'tokenId" path parameter was required but was not specified", even though I definitely provided the tokenId. I'm wondering if the tokenId must be in a different format when it's enclosed in a sub-BPD, or if this is a product issue where this use case simply doesn't work. I'm on BPM v7.5.1.1

Anybody seen anything like this?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-29T14:14:49Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-03T18:50:48Z
    Hi Manish,
    I used that REST API successfully. What exactly did you try? What was the result?

Neil
    Neil,

Sorry for the late response.
    The issue I was getting was to move the token using REST API when I had my instance failed at a Script component step. The process instance at this stage has a token at the previous step which is closed. So after working with IBM, we found that if its failed at the script step, we can't move the token. If it had failed inside a service, the moven token would have worked. Thanks for taking the time and testing that for me.

Manish
  • DonWilliams(ProcessKonsult)
    5 Posts

‏2013-02-03T13:26:23Z  
    I'm having an issue where I can move tokens between activities just fine if they're at the top-level BPD. However, if I'm down in a sub-BPD trying to move the token, it gives me an error saying "The 'tokenId" path parameter was required but was not specified", even though I definitely provided the tokenId. I'm wondering if the tokenId must be in a different format when it's enclosed in a sub-BPD, or if this is a product issue where this use case simply doesn't work. I'm on BPM v7.5.1.1

Anybody seen anything like this?
    To update everyone on my issue of moving a token within a sub-BPD, IBM support indicated that this is not supported on v7.5.1.1, but said that it should work on v8.x. If anyone has an v8.x environment and would be willing to try running my repro case, please let me know and I'll send it to you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-03-01T15:46:08Z  
    To update everyone on my issue of moving a token within a sub-BPD, IBM support indicated that this is not supported on v7.5.1.1, but said that it should work on v8.x. If anyone has an v8.x environment and would be willing to try running my repro case, please let me know and I'll send it to you.
    Don,

Sorry for the late reply. We fixed our issue using a Patch from IBM. If you still need help validating your case in 8.x, please let me know and I can test it.

Hope this helps
    Manish
  • jimmy.net
    jimmy.net
    5 Posts

‏2014-04-10T13:52:41Z  
    Don,

Sorry for the late reply. We fixed our issue using a Patch from IBM. If you still need help validating your case in 8.x, please let me know and I can test it.

Hope this helps
    Manish

Hi Manish,

Because I have the same problem with 7.5.1. Could you please tell me which Patch provided by IBM resolve that problem.

Thank you in advance.

Jimmy

• Maneesh_ee
    Maneesh_ee
    21 Posts

‏2014-05-05T20:04:53Z  
    Don,

Hope this helps
    Manish

Hey Manish,

Could you please let me know the IBM patch that you used to resolve your issue?

Thanks

• Rajesh771
    Rajesh771
    102 Posts

‏2014-05-05T20:52:55Z  

Hey Manish,

Could you please let me know the IBM patch that you used to resolve your issue?

Thanks

I am trying to do Move tokens in 8.5. Let me know whether i can try ?

• ritedas
    ritedas
    95 Posts

‏2014-05-06T14:49:21Z  

I guess, IBPM 7.5.1.2 has fix pack, which allow move tokens with sub bpd level.

Cheers !!

• nageshsirish
    nageshsirish
    49 Posts

‏2014-09-10T12:38:18Z  
    • ritedas
    • ‏2014-05-06T14:49:21Z

I guess, IBPM 7.5.1.2 has fix pack, which allow move tokens with sub bpd level.

Cheers !!

hi good evening every one,

how to resume serice through REST API.

human service has failed due to user click on skip button.there is no flow on skip button getting null pointer exception 

and instance was failed.

how can i resume the service back.please find attached Document 

Attachments

• kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

‏2014-09-10T14:47:56Z  

hi good evening every one,

how to resume serice through REST API.

human service has failed due to user click on skip button.there is no flow on skip button getting null pointer exception 

and instance was failed.

how can i resume the service back.please find attached Document 

Can you elaborate on "human service has failed due to user click on skip button.there is no flow on skip button getting null pointer exception and instance was failed."

I am guessing that there is a button in your Coach called "Click" but it is not wired within the Human Service.  That is (to my mind) a coding error.

What release of IBM BPM are you using?  What flavor of human service are you using? (Heritage Coaches, Heritage Human Services or Client Side Human Services)

• nageshsirish
    nageshsirish
    49 Posts

‏2014-09-10T16:24:53Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2014-09-10T14:47:56Z

Can you elaborate on "human service has failed due to user click on skip button.there is no flow on skip button getting null pointer exception and instance was failed."

I am guessing that there is a button in your Coach called "Click" but it is not wired within the Human Service.  That is (to my mind) a coding error.

What release of IBM BPM are you using?  What flavor of human service are you using? (Heritage Coaches, Heritage Human Services or Client Side Human Services)

yes you are right Neil,we are using 7.5.1 IBM BPM version and we are using simple coach.

is there way to call back that service?

is it possible to process the service through REST API?.

kindly assist me.

Updated on 2014-09-10T16:25:50Z at 2014-09-10T16:25:50Z by nageshsirish