Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-04T19:05:29Z by atess
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What is the best way to create a new environment similar to the production

‏2013-01-02T13:03:53Z |
I have a production environment of TSRM 7.2 with IBM DB2 database.
The architecture consists of 2 Windows Server 2008, one for the application and the other for the database.
I need to have a new environment similar to the production one.

What is the proper way to do that?

Appreciate your suggestions
Updated on 2013-01-04T19:05:29Z at 2013-01-04T19:05:29Z by atess
  • atess
    atess
    21 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is the best way to create a new environment similar to the production

‏2013-01-04T19:05:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I don't know if there is a "Proper" way to do the enviroment setup. For us we simply install everthing twice. First we set up our development enviroment. We actually did this several times to get everything just right. Then we set up our Identical Production enviroment. Every couple of months I shut the production application server off and take a back up of the production database. After the production envirment is back up and running I then simply restore the database to the development enviroment. I do some other things to prevent automated processes that happen in produciton from occuring in development upon a restore. These are mostly stopping escaltions and crons before the backup and restoring them after the backup and taken. I also have a window when I can take the backup and when the restore to devolpment happens based on other automated action.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit.
    Andy