Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-11T19:28:35Z by paddi
paddi
paddi
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic display report outputs in a block in the cognos viewer itself with the rema

‏2013-01-01T10:57:29Z |
Hi,

i need a solution for a requirement.

we have multiple prompts in the report and few prompts selections will display report outputs in a block in the cognos viewer itself with the remaining prompts available with the out put. this is not resolved with having prompts in the report page instead of prompt page.
the exact requirement is when i select values from the first three prompts they cascade values to the next prompt and in the next prompt, based on the selection i make (there will be four options here) i will get the report output present in a block (the entire report output will be shown inside a block with the help of scroll bars). and all the options will be available for selection in the same cognos viewer page.

please help me with this. i think i am clear enough.
Thanks,
paddi
Updated on 2013-02-11T19:28:35Z at 2013-02-11T19:28:35Z by paddi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: display report outputs in a block in the cognos viewer itself with the rema

‏2013-01-02T10:38:40Z  in response to paddi
    Hi,

Please let us know the problem you are facing with this implementation.
    Ideas for prompts on report page -
    1. When you have prompts on report page, then you need to set default values for each prompt so that report does not show a prompt page when the report is run.
    2. If you have cascading prompts on report page, then it runs the report for any changed selections since your prompt is set to Auto-submit="Yes".
    3. If you want your report to run the black only after all the selections are made, then its better to use prompt page rather than report page.

Regards,
    Manish Tirpude
    + 91 9673990644
    • paddi
      paddi
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: display report outputs in a block in the cognos viewer itself with the rema

‏2013-02-11T19:28:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Manish,

thanks and sorry for the late reply. the report is put on hold as the client wants some changes in the requirement.

the main requirement of this report is to show the entire report output in a block with scroll bars.(this report is other report using the same package) and the values for the prompt are other report names that are using the same package.

so when you run the report u'll get a prompt asking which report output to show, once u select a report's name from the prompt, that report runs and shown the output in the block. and then if u select another report name from the prompt (prompt will also be there above the block), the another report runs and shows the output.
      any ideas in this?
      Thanks again for your reply