Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-01T00:54:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
109 Posts

Pinned topic Help files are inaccessible in IBM SPSS Statistics version 21 trial

‏2012-12-31T17:36:55Z |
Hello!

I need access to help files in SPSS Statistics v21, it's the demo version. I cannot run the tutorial nor browse the topics. If I click on Help/Topics my browser opens this site (http://www.minmašin.com:61977/help/topic/com.ibm.spss.statistics.help/overvw_auto_0.htm) with error that the server cannot be found. How do I fix this?
Updated on 2013-01-01T00:54:27Z at 2013-01-01T00:54:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

Re: Help files are inaccessible in IBM SPSS Statistics version 21 trial

‏2012-12-31T17:46:07Z  
    I have no idea why the help is misbehaving. Do you recognize the first part of that url (www.minmasin.com. I left out the accent.)? The url would normally start with your machine name.

But you can access all the help online. For help file format, try
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/spssstat/v21r0m0/index.jsp

This link and the link to pdf are listed in the bookmarks section of the SPSS Community site.

HTH,
    Jon Peck
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

‏2012-12-31T18:19:10Z  
    I have no idea why the help is misbehaving. Do you recognize the first part of that url (www.minmasin.com. I left out the accent.)? The url would normally start with your machine name.

This link and the link to pdf are listed in the bookmarks section of the SPSS Community site.

HTH,
    Jon Peck
    Yes, I do recognise the first part, the name of my PC is "minmašin". I just don't know why the site is inaccessible. Maybe the software doesn't like the accent. I found out the web and pdf versions of the help but I want it in my SPSS. It's much more fun to learn and work with built-in help and tutorials. Because of this feature I like SPSS so much and now it's just not working. Thanks for the workarounds info though.

Best regards and happy new year to everyone!

Marjan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

‏2012-12-31T18:39:56Z  

HTH,
    Jon Peck
    Hahaha, just changed the name of my PC from minmašin to minmasin and all the help works. Insane idea... but it worked.

Thanks for focusing me into right direction.

Kindest regards!

Marjan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

‏2012-12-31T19:06:43Z  
    Hahaha, just changed the name of my PC from minmašin to minmasin and all the help works. Insane idea... but it worked.

Thanks for focusing me into right direction.

Kindest regards!

Marjan
    Glad that worked, but it should not be necessary. I'll file a bug on that.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

‏2012-12-31T19:13:04Z  
    Glad that worked, but it should not be necessary. I'll file a bug on that.
    A question. What platform were you running on, and what OS language are you using (this will help with the bug report)?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

‏2013-01-01T00:54:27Z  
    A question. What platform were you running on, and what OS language are you using (this will help with the bug report)?
    I also think it's a bug. I have Windows 7, 64bit and the language is Slovenian.