• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-01T12:33:17Z by kenhygh
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Calling a Web service using Multi Protocol Gateway

‏2012-12-31T11:15:37Z |
Hi,
I am quite new to DataPower. So need some help to achieve below requirement.

We have a web service which when specified with specific operation name provides us with unique session id. I have successfully implemented this using WS-Proxy. Now we have a requirement that we need to call this web service in another WS-Proxy while processing request rule.I am under the impression that we cannot call another WS-Proxy within a WS-Proxy.So only option I can think of is to use a MPG. Now below are my two queries

1)Can we call a WS-Proxy from a MPG. If yes how?

2)We can directly call a web service using MPG. If yes how?

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Rachan
Updated on 2013-01-01T12:33:17Z at 2013-01-01T12:33:17Z by kenhygh
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1523 Posts

Re: Calling a Web service using Multi Protocol Gateway

‏2012-12-31T13:12:29Z  
    You can pretty much call any service (MPG or WSP) from any other service. Just create an HTTP FSH on the service you want to call, and have your first service call it over HTTP.

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-12-31T20:45:07Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2012-12-31T13:12:29Z
    You can pretty much call any service (MPG or WSP) from any other service. Just create an HTTP FSH on the service you want to call, and have your first service call it over HTTP.

Ken
    Hi ken,
    Thanks for the reply . I have created a MPG to call the same web service I am calling using WSP. I am using the same Backened URL used in WSP. But when I send out the SOAP message I get a SOAP fault string that "unable to find WSDL operation from the request message" what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks and Happy New Year
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1523 Posts

‏2013-01-01T12:33:17Z  
    Hi ken,
    Thanks for the reply . I have created a MPG to call the same web service I am calling using WSP. I am using the same Backened URL used in WSP. But when I send out the SOAP message I get a SOAP fault string that "unable to find WSDL operation from the request message" what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks and Happy New Year
    Is that message coming from the backend server? if so, in your MPGW, you may need to set the soap-action http header.

Happy New Year to you and everyone!
    Ken