Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-04T02:18:28Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Can we have a guide to migrate phonegap plugin to cordova 2.x too?

‏2012-12-31T09:46:13Z |
Hi,

I did know, the forum gives worklight related supports only. I just want a simple guideline.

now my boss request me upgrading my worklight app to v5.0.5, the web resources upgraded by worklight studio automatically, but I'm required to migrate phonegap plugin by myself.

Are there any generic guide to migrate the common phonegap plugin, i.e. BarCode Scanner?
only a simple guileline is sufficient, just like 'New or changes in Cordova 2.x'?

I need migrate and test the android source code first, it has many compilation errors. After this step, I also migrate and test iOS source codes.

Can anybody share your procedure/guideline if any?

thanks.

Daniel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Can we have a guide to migrate phonegap plugin to cordova 2.x too?

‏2012-12-31T17:46:36Z  
    The link below does not talk about specific plugins, and it is geared for Xcode, but it could be a place to start. BTW, PhoneGap and Cordova are the same thing. They just changed the name when it became an Apache Commons project.

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/guide_upgrading_ios_index.md.html

Ralph Pina
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-04T01:40:42Z  
    The link below does not talk about specific plugins, and it is geared for Xcode, but it could be a place to start. BTW, PhoneGap and Cordova are the same thing. They just changed the name when it became an Apache Commons project.

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/guide_upgrading_ios_index.md.html

Ralph Pina
    Hi,

I will read whole Cordova document again to fix compilation errors. My focus fall onto native part other than JavaScript (I found that the upgrade guides shows only JavaScript part), because the BarcodeScanner & ChildBrowser plugin are open source plugin, I haven't take time to study how Cordova plugin is developed. Now I must study it even if more time expected.

thanks.
    Daniel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-04T02:18:28Z  
    Daniel, I am actually working on a WL project that uses ChildBrowser, and the implementation is pretty much the way you would do it with a strait PhoneGap project. Granted, right now I am focusing on the iOS app, I have yet to implement it in the Android project.

If you are seeing compilation errors, you may way to post them to see if others have seen them before.

Ralph Pina