• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-01T23:24:51Z by thalapathi
thalapathi
thalapathi
129 Posts

Pinned topic CC/CQ upgrade plan from 7.1.2.8 to the latest 8.0 version

‏2012-12-30T12:15:18Z |
Hi ALl,

As of now, we are in 7.1.2.8 version in a multisited environment consists of 5 sites ( 3 sites are in AIX and 2 sites are in Solaris platforms). We use samba to configure it for windows users and we support both thick and CCRC clients for the users.

We are looking for a upgrade plan to move from 7.1.2.8 to the latest 8.0 version and also to ensure to reduce the downtime while performing the upgrade.

I hope some of the perople in this forum got exposure in upgrading to CC/CQ 8 version. Could you please update me the consideration we need to cover for the upgrade ( Any sort of checklist, and upgrade statergy plan to migrate in all the sites is highly appreciated). I will make of it to create my design plan for the migration.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jose
  • Tgefen
    Tgefen
    727 Posts

Re: CC/CQ upgrade plan from 7.1.2.8 to the latest 8.0 version

‏2012-12-31T16:49:09Z  
    Recently we upgraded a few sites, including CC CCRC (CTE) CQ CQweb. I have many insights so please try to be specific...

Regards,
    Tamir Gefen, GoMidjets
    http://www.gomidjets.com
  • thalapathi
    thalapathi
    129 Posts

Re: CC/CQ upgrade plan from 7.1.2.8 to the latest 8.0 version

‏2013-01-01T23:24:51Z  
    • Tgefen
    • ‏2012-12-31T16:49:09Z
    Recently we upgraded a few sites, including CC CCRC (CTE) CQ CQweb. I have many insights so please try to be specific...

Regards,
    Tamir Gefen, GoMidjets
    http://www.gomidjets.com
    Hi Tamir,

How are you doing?

I have spoken to you once in Innovate 2010. We are planning to migrate from 7.1.2.8 to the latest version of 8.0. Currently we got 5 sites (CC/CQ) and 3 sites are in AIX and 2 sites are in Solaris.

As of now, I got few queries on the upgrade

1. Is it OK to upgrade to CC/CQ 8.0 on few sites and keep other sites in 7.1.2.8?
    2. How to remove the exisiting CM server and install CC WAN server?

It would be great if you tell me the high level things you have done for the upgrade. I would collect all the information and try to create the upgrade plan.

Cheers,
    Jose