IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-05T06:36:56Z by SystemAdmin
GurpreetSingh
GurpreetSingh
3 Posts

Pinned topic SDDPCM upgrade procedure for NPIV LPAR with boot disk from SAN

‏2012-12-29T18:24:24Z |
HI Friends,

We need to upgrade sddpcm from 2.5.* to latest 2.6.3.2 our servers with NPIV storage. Can some one help me with procedure.
The other thing is the rootvg disk are from SAN and aix is 7.1.

Would appreciate your help....

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2013-01-05T06:36:56Z at 2013-01-05T06:36:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1743 Posts

Re: SDDPCM upgrade procedure for NPIV LPAR with boot disk from SAN

‏2012-12-31T10:50:08Z  
    this is thoroughly documented in the SDD/SDDPCM user's guide.
    I suggest you read there and ask again here if anything is still unclear.

regards
    D.
  • GurpreetSingh
    GurpreetSingh
    3 Posts

‏2012-12-31T17:51:26Z  
    this is thoroughly documented in the SDD/SDDPCM user's guide.
    I suggest you read there and ask again here if anything is still unclear.

regards
    D.
    Hi Delgado,

Thanks! for your reply I had a look at the installation/upgrade section of user guide. I am bit confused now, on my lpars which are using storage through npiv. I have host attachment. devices.fcp.disk.ibm.mpio.rte version 1.0.0.21 and as per sddpcm readme file for 2.6.3.2 it should be 1.0.0.23. now I am confused at the point would I have to remove the old version and then install the fresh or upgrade will work for it ? My question id do I have remove old sddpcm version( 2.6.0.3) and devices.fcp.disk.ibm.mpio.rte version 1.0.0.21 and then installing the latest or smit update_all will work for it?

Would appreciate if you can guide me here.
    Thanks! in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1743 Posts

‏2013-01-05T06:36:56Z  
    Hi Delgado,

Thanks! for your reply I had a look at the installation/upgrade section of user guide. I am bit confused now, on my lpars which are using storage through npiv. I have host attachment. devices.fcp.disk.ibm.mpio.rte version 1.0.0.21 and as per sddpcm readme file for 2.6.3.2 it should be 1.0.0.23. now I am confused at the point would I have to remove the old version and then install the fresh or upgrade will work for it ? My question id do I have remove old sddpcm version( 2.6.0.3) and devices.fcp.disk.ibm.mpio.rte version 1.0.0.21 and then installing the latest or smit update_all will work for it?

Would appreciate if you can guide me here.
    Thanks! in advance
    if the user's guide says "update" you do not remove anything.

special case is if you have an sddpcm fileset for a previous aix version (say 5 or 6), after an aix migration e.g., and do boot from san. That's where the user's guide directs you to ibm support to request special instructions.

test your update on a non-critical system in advance is my best advice. also an installp "preview" will give you some idea ahead of time.

regards
    D.