Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-09-12T13:51:42Z by prithvik
Ranjith_SC
Ranjith_SC
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Claim & Check Pattern: providing a human task list view with business data

‏2012-12-27T19:10:56Z |
Hi,
I have used the claim check pattern by having just the business id in my workflow. Now in the task list we have the following requirement

- display business data along with the tasks data.
- display tasks for a user based on his security group.
- Tasks should be sorted based on business data.
- Paginate the tasks which are sorted based on the business data.

To fulfill these requirement, we have to first hit the BPEDB using HTMAPI to get all the task that belongs to the user, and then query the Application's DB to fetch the business data, sort them and pick the results for the first page (pagination).
I see a performance hinderance since we have to load all the tasks from BPEDB first and then sort / filter the necessary tasks based on the business data. Please let me know if there is a better approach for this situation.
Updated on 2013-02-13T10:05:49Z at 2013-02-13T10:05:49Z by Zee04
  • Ranjith_SC
    Ranjith_SC
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Claim & Check Pattern: providing a human task list view with business data

‏2013-01-16T15:33:58Z  in response to Ranjith_SC
    For the benefit of future visitors of this thread, I am pasting a response I got from an author.
    I posted the same question to the author of the article : "http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1106_jenny/1106_jenny.html".
    Below is the conversation details - My question is yet to be answered. If someone else have an solution, please post.

Conversation with the Author :

Hi Ranjith,
    The tasks are not loaded all at once. Listing 12 highlights how skipTuples and threshold are passed to the HTM query call to only retrieve the HTM tasks currently visible to the user. Let’s say you have a page of 20 entries each. In the first query you pass a value of 0 for skipTuples (threshold will always be 20). This retrieves the first 20 tasks.

When the user navigates to the next page you pass skipTuples = 20. This retrieves task 21 - 40, etc. If, for example, the user jumps to page 30 (using the UI controls) you pass skipTuples = 580 (29 pages times 20 tasks) to retrieve tasks 581 - 600, and so forth.

Along with the tasks that are shown in any page, you only fetch the related business data. In summary, you always load just what is needed for a selected page, not the full list.

Does this answer your question?

Posted by 33KU_Walter_Jenny on 14 January 2013

Hi Walter,
    Thanks for your response. I have used the approached you suggested in my earlier projects and it works great. In our new project, we have a new requirement - "Tasks should be sorted based on business data." so if we have 1000 tasks. I need to top 20 based on business data and not based on the skipTuples.
    Hope it is clear.
    Thanks again & appreciate your guidance.

Posted by Ranjith_SC on 15 January 2013

• prithvik
      prithvik
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-12T13:51:42Z  in response to Ranjith_SC

we are using bpe:list to show the task data. how to implement pagination here and how to pass the skiptuples value to the query from jsp page. Please help on this .

• Zee04
    Zee04
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-13T10:05:49Z  in response to Ranjith_SC
    Hi Rajnith,

I have the same requirements as you. Did you find the solution to your problem?

I need to call the Human Task API using EJB in java. I have gone over the documentation but I just couldn't grasp it. Actually I never came across EJB before. Could someone point me to a basic tutorial on how to use it to get the task list, open the task and complete it by providing output in a simple manner from how to pass the login information to the process server and then get the tasks for that particular user assuming I'm developing using NetBeans and my process server resides on a remote server.

I need to do the above, could you please help me with that since I'm not very good with Java.

Thanks in advance.