Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-27T20:14:32Z by deesk
deesk
deesk
11 Posts

Pinned topic Not being able to San devices after moving to new Cisco Switch.

‏2012-12-27T14:00:50Z |
I have a P520 running AIX 6.1 hooked to EMC devices via a Cisco San switch. Previously the switch was a Connectrix and we were able to see the devices, however with support over on the Connectrix we moved to Cisco. After a reboot the San devices are no longer visible to the 520, the 520 has been configured as a nonparttioned config(no VIO). Also the HBA's are 5773's and I updated the firmware along with making permanent config changes to the cards: Here is the lsattr output for one of the cards:

lsattr -El fscsi0
attach none How this adapter is CONNECTED False
dyntrk yes Dynamic Tracking of FC Devices True
fc_err_recov fast_fail FC Fabric Event Error RECOVERY Policy True
scsi_id Adapter SCSI ID False
sw_fc_class 3 FC Class for Fabric True
One other interesting point, when I boot up into the firmware prompt and enter ioinfo I can see the devices on the card, but once I reboot I cannot see the devices.

Any ideas, or thoughts?
Updated on 2012-12-27T20:14:32Z at 2012-12-27T20:14:32Z by deesk
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6902 Posts

Re: Not being able to San devices after moving to new Cisco Switch.

‏2012-12-27T16:02:56Z  
    As shown above (lsattr -El fscsi0) your fscsi0 is not connected (or logged in) due attach 'none' (should be 'switch') and no scsi_id (some scsi_id should be set). So first find out why fscsi0 is not connected as expected. Check its cable, switch port, switch logs for this port, SFP/GBIC etc.
  • deesk
    deesk
    11 Posts

Re: Not being able to San devices after moving to new Cisco Switch.

‏2012-12-27T20:14:32Z  
    I think along with IBM we figured the problem to be with the port on the Cisco 5596 switch, workaround:

1). Changed the port on the Cisco from Auto Negotiate to Fport.
    2). Per IBM we changed the HBA setting to point to point:
    chdev -l fcs5 -a init_link=pt2pt -P

After that we saw an amber light on the card, we still need to talk to Cisco and see what they suggest.