Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-03T12:57:08Z by David.Honey
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
174 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Change server is not enabled for this session- trying associate task to bug

‏2012-12-27T12:16:27Z |
This is for rational Synergy 7.1 CLI

I am trying to associate a task with an issue.

the command I used is

c:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Synergy\7.1\bin>ccm task -associate 1 -change_request 2

where 1 is task ID
2 is changerequest (defect) id

The response is
Change server is not enabled for this session.

the CCM session is still in active mode when I executed the above command.

ANy help
Updated on 2013-01-03T12:57:08Z at 2013-01-03T12:57:08Z by David.Honey
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change server is not enabled for this session- trying associate task to bug

‏2013-01-03T12:57:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Bala,

That message occurs when Rational Change has not been configured for the database on which that session is running. If you start a Synergy GUI, I would expect the "Change Requests" explorer to be absent from the left hand pane of the main window, and the "Change Requests" tab to be absent from property dialogs for tasks. If that is the case, then you need to configure/install Change for that database. If you are seeing the change requests explorer and tabs in the Synergy GUI, but change request functionality is not working in the Synergy CLI, I suggest you contact Rational Technical Support.

Best regards,
    David.