Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-27T15:22:47Z by gas
WiseMind
WiseMind
22 Posts

Pinned topic IBM WebSphere SSO requires change in code ?

‏2012-12-25T12:32:47Z |
Hi,

I want to know does IBM WebSphere A/S SSO option requires to need some code change?

I have deployed a simple helloWorld application in cluster environment. When I access this application, It won't ask me for the credential to access this web application. While I have configured SSO enabled in admin console.

Does there anything missing?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-12-27T15:22:47Z at 2012-12-27T15:22:47Z by gas
  • gas
    gas
    892 Posts

Re: IBM WebSphere SSO requires change in code ?

‏2012-12-27T14:04:46Z  
    Your application needs to be protected and you need to have application security turned on.

For protecting your application chech WebSphere security redbook:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247660.html

Gas
  • WiseMind
    WiseMind
    22 Posts

‏2012-12-27T14:35:58Z  
    • gas
    • ‏2012-12-27T14:04:46Z
    Your application needs to be protected and you need to have application security turned on.

For protecting your application chech WebSphere security redbook:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247660.html

Gas
    I am using eclipse for building j2ee application. As described in the book is according to RAD. I can not see such option on page (page 284). I am using eclipse(Java EE IDE) . For that purpose I have just simply created dynamic web project. After that unable to see this option "Java EE --> Generate WebSphere Bindings".

Thanks
  • gas
    gas
    892 Posts

‏2012-12-27T15:22:47Z  
    • WiseMind
    • ‏2012-12-27T14:35:58Z
    I am using eclipse for building j2ee application. As described in the book is according to RAD. I can not see such option on page (page 284). I am using eclipse(Java EE IDE) . For that purpose I have just simply created dynamic web project. After that unable to see this option "Java EE --> Generate WebSphere Bindings".

Thanks
    You dont have to create the bindings file. If you created security roles correctly (either via annotations or descriptors), then you will be able to map security roles to users/groups during application instalation via admin console.
    Later on, you can also change these mappings via application page (Applications > Enterprise Applications > ApplcationName) - Security role to user/group mapping.

Binding file is a way to preconfigure it, before deployment.

Gas