Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T16:03:48Z by ciberian
ciberian
ciberian
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can I install Apache APEX2 plugins in RAD8?

‏2012-12-21T17:00:55Z |
Hello. it appears that java proxy is the only supported model for client code generation when you need to program to a web service. And if i understand that correctly, the java proxy model depends on an existing serialized bean. so if i want to code for a simple soap service defined solely by an xml document, then i would want to use APEX2? On that assumption, i attempt to install the client code and service generation plugins into eclipse by simply plopping the apache jar files into the eclipse dropins or plugins folder. That doesn't work, and i suspect that's because i chose to install web services support when i installed RAD 8.5 and there is some incompatibility from the eclipse perspective. Has anyone installed apex2 successfully in RAD 8.x?

Thanks,
parke
Updated on 2013-01-09T16:03:48Z at 2013-01-09T16:03:48Z by ciberian
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can I install Apache APEX2 plugins in RAD8?

‏2013-01-03T16:31:53Z  in response to ciberian
    Hello,

Can you explain more in detail what you would like to achieve, and what are the limitations of the generated Java proxy as a JAX-WS client, that make you look for a different solution?

Can you also post the link from which you download APEX2?

If it is an Eclipse plug-in, you'd have to check that it supports the same version of Eclipse that is embedded in your version of RAD.

RAD 8.5/8.0 are based on Eclipse 3.6 (with minor versions differences depending on the fixpacks).
    RAD 7.5 is based on Eclipse 3.4.

What errors do you get when you try to install APEX2?

Thank you and regards, Lara
    • ciberian
      ciberian
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-04T14:16:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for your interest, Lara. Well, my objective is to develop a general purpose program that could take any wsdl file as a parameter, and then generate a service request based on other parameters or defaulting to a specification in the wsdl. I am attempting to use cast iron as the service provider in my testing. I create a schema and wsdl using RAD 8.5. I create a web service client based on that wsdl. I import that same wsdl into cast iron and create a service provider end point. I test with SOAP UI and it works. But when I use the proxy model, I see some behaviors are 'hard-coded' in the proxy, but I believe that's because I need to define the wsdl in order to match the service. In other words, the proxy method is not as forgiving as soapUI when you don't specify namespaces, ports, and service names exactly right.

When I originated this post, I had the mistaken impression that the only choice of the proxy model when defining a service client meant that you had to interact with a bean generated by RAD, but I now realize that's not true. So I will continue to work with defining the WSDL, coding a client, and maybe make mods to the proxy and then update this thread with the results.

Thanks,
      Parke
  • ciberian
    ciberian
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-09T16:03:48Z  in response to ciberian
    I think i muddied the waters by asking 2 questions in the same post. my main question is this: has anyone successfully installed the apex2 eclipse plug-ins in RAD8.5?

Thanks,
    Parke