• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-31T14:42:47Z by KMooney
m_ubana
m_ubana
31 Posts

Pinned topic Error while Starting RAC Server

‏2012-12-21T06:23:35Z |
Hi All,
I am trying to Start the RAC Server on a remote Linux Machine and while doing so I am getting the following Error (in the screen shot).

Will restarting the Linux machine can be of some help ?
Can anyone please tell me how to deal with the issue.

Thanks,
Manish
Updated on 2012-12-31T14:42:47Z at 2012-12-31T14:42:47Z by KMooney
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

Re: Error while Starting RAC Server

‏2012-12-21T06:57:41Z  
    Hi,
    Can you please attach the servicelog and output from the other command.

Regards,
    Nitish
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    283 Posts

‏2012-12-21T14:44:35Z  
    Usually that message means the RAC is already running or at least the ports it listens on are still open by another process.

You can try killing ACServer process and any related java processes that it created, then wait a minute or so and try again to start it. Or reboot.
  • m_ubana
    m_ubana
    31 Posts

‏2012-12-31T09:55:21Z  
    • KMooney
    • ‏2012-12-21T14:44:35Z
    Usually that message means the RAC is already running or at least the ports it listens on are still open by another process.

You can try killing ACServer process and any related java processes that it created, then wait a minute or so and try again to start it. Or reboot.
    Hi KMooney,

The RAC Server is not currently running as when I tried to stop RAC server i got the message RAC Server is not currently running.

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by 'any other java processes that it created'.

Please let me know what other java processes it might create and I will try by killing them all.

Thanks for the help.
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    283 Posts

‏2012-12-31T14:42:47Z  
    • m_ubana
    • ‏2012-12-31T09:55:21Z
    Hi KMooney,

The RAC Server is not currently running as when I tried to stop RAC server i got the message RAC Server is not currently running.

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by 'any other java processes that it created'.

Please let me know what other java processes it might create and I will try by killing them all.

Thanks for the help.
    When you execute a schedule using this agent the RAC will create a java process for the execution engine. That process would be an example. Usually they go away at the end of execution.

But if you are trying to start fresh without rebooting usually the procedure would be to kill any of those java processes if they are still running, possibly because there was some sort of unusual error that prevented them from ending normally. Then, execute ACStop.sh to stop the ACServer process. And follow that with ACStart.sh to restart the RAC.