Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-23T04:57:14Z by SystemAdmin
KentKirchner
KentKirchner
12 Posts

Pinned topic Can a Maximo Conditional UI be used?

‏2012-12-20T23:09:11Z |
Hello, we are using Maximo 7.1.1.7. In the Receiving Module, we want to prohibit the ability for a user to issue inventory to theirself. I have tried a conditional UI where if :matransuse.issueto = :matransuse:enterby, but stuck on how to apply this conditional expression. I "think" I would like to not show the save icon if this condition occurs. How can this be done please?
thank you,
Kent
Updated on 2013-01-23T04:57:14Z at 2013-01-23T04:57:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Can a Maximo Conditional UI be used?

‏2012-12-21T09:33:17Z  
    use configure conditional properties in app designer...

Regards
    Sudipto
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2012-12-21T20:48:03Z  

Regards
    Sudipto
    Thanks, do you know how to specifically configure for resolution?
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2012-12-24T17:45:43Z  

Regards
    Sudipto
    We are trying to prevent the scenario where users can issue inventory to themselves. I can successfully use the application designer and conditional UI to make the OK button disappear if the issue to field is equal to the entered by field, however, I'd prefer to not allow the record to be saved by disabling the Save icon. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thank you in advance
    Kent
  • Sreedhar123
    Sreedhar123
    7 Posts

‏2012-12-31T06:47:33Z  
    We are trying to prevent the scenario where users can issue inventory to themselves. I can successfully use the application designer and conditional UI to make the OK button disappear if the issue to field is equal to the entered by field, however, I'd prefer to not allow the record to be saved by disabling the Save icon. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thank you in advance
    Kent
    Hi Kent,

Apply you conditional expression on SAVE sigoption using Cnditional UI Properties.

Thanks.
  • Sreedhar123
    Sreedhar123
    7 Posts

‏2012-12-31T06:47:34Z  
    thank you in advance
    Kent
    Hi Kent,

Apply you conditional expression on SAVE sigoption using Cnditional UI Properties.

Thanks.
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2012-12-31T21:48:46Z  
    Hi Kent,

Thanks.
    Thank you, I believe I have tried that, but I will try again. Do I need to use MAINRECORD for the sig option data id source?
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2012-12-31T22:49:33Z  
    Hi Kent,

Thanks.
    I tried the SAVE sigoption and it is not working for me, must be missing something. I am in Inventory/Issues and Transfers and when the Enterby field equals the issue to field, I do not want the transaction to be allowed. In the application designer, INVISSUE application, the issue tab and modifying the properties on the issue to field. I am using the following conditional expression :MATUSETRANS.ENTERBY= 'U' + :MATUSETRANS.ISSUETO in the application designer and choosing the EVERYONE security group. I expect the SAVE icon to disappear when the issue to field equals the entered by field. Is this possible? Any and all approaches are appreciated!
    thank you,
    Kent
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-02T06:12:28Z  
    I tried the SAVE sigoption and it is not working for me, must be missing something. I am in Inventory/Issues and Transfers and when the Enterby field equals the issue to field, I do not want the transaction to be allowed. In the application designer, INVISSUE application, the issue tab and modifying the properties on the issue to field. I am using the following conditional expression :MATUSETRANS.ENTERBY= 'U' + :MATUSETRANS.ISSUETO in the application designer and choosing the EVERYONE security group. I expect the SAVE icon to disappear when the issue to field equals the entered by field. Is this possible? Any and all approaches are appreciated!
    thank you,
    Kent
    I would alter the Conditional Expression to just:

:ENTERBY = :ISSUETO

Then attach it to the Save option in Signature Security instead - that should do it.

Shannon
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2013-01-04T15:22:08Z  
    I would alter the Conditional Expression to just:

:ENTERBY = :ISSUETO

Then attach it to the Save option in Signature Security instead - that should do it.

Shannon
    Thanks Shannon! I'll give that a try
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2013-01-04T15:46:26Z  
    Thanks Shannon! I'll give that a try
    Hi Shannon, no luck. I do not see how I can just use :ENTERBY=:ISSUETO as this expression will not validate. I am using the LOCATIONS object. I am placing the conditional expression on the issue to field, but still, no luck having the SAVE icon not appear when these two fields are equal. :-( any other thoughts??
    thanks for your input,
    Kent
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-09T03:56:11Z  
    Hi Shannon, no luck. I do not see how I can just use :ENTERBY=:ISSUETO as this expression will not validate. I am using the LOCATIONS object. I am placing the conditional expression on the issue to field, but still, no luck having the SAVE icon not appear when these two fields are equal. :-( any other thoughts??
    thanks for your input,
    Kent
    In this case, I'm talking about the Inventory Usage screen. But come to think about it, you want the opposite expression, i.e.:

:ENTERBY != :ISSUETO or :ENTERBY :ISSUETO

The procedure would be:
    1. Go into Security Groups
    2. Pull up the MAXEVERYONE group
    3. Add condition next to the "Save Transaction" security access

That should do it.

With the receipt screen, it would be the same idea.

Essentially, you're saying: "the MAXEVERYONE group can save transactions on the condition that the 'Enter By' field is not equal to the 'Issue To' field."
  • KentKirchner
    KentKirchner
    12 Posts

‏2013-01-22T23:53:19Z  
    In this case, I'm talking about the Inventory Usage screen. But come to think about it, you want the opposite expression, i.e.:

:ENTERBY != :ISSUETO or :ENTERBY :ISSUETO

The procedure would be:
    1. Go into Security Groups
    2. Pull up the MAXEVERYONE group
    3. Add condition next to the "Save Transaction" security access

That should do it.

With the receipt screen, it would be the same idea.

Essentially, you're saying: "the MAXEVERYONE group can save transactions on the condition that the 'Enter By' field is not equal to the 'Issue To' field."
    Hi Shannon, I understand exactly what you are saying and I appreciate the help, but for some reason, I'm missing something. I am using the following condition in Inventory>>Issues and transfers. I need to use the 'U' because our person record does not have a U in front of it like our user record does, other than that, not sure why its not working.
    I've gone into Security Groups, Everyone, filter for Issues and Transfers, down the the SAVE transactions, granted access, filled in my condition and saved the record.
    So when I try and issue an item out to myself, it lets me save the record.

:matusetrans.enterby != 'U' + :matusetrans.issueto
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-23T04:54:35Z  
    Hi Shannon, I understand exactly what you are saying and I appreciate the help, but for some reason, I'm missing something. I am using the following condition in Inventory>>Issues and transfers. I need to use the 'U' because our person record does not have a U in front of it like our user record does, other than that, not sure why its not working.
    I've gone into Security Groups, Everyone, filter for Issues and Transfers, down the the SAVE transactions, granted access, filled in my condition and saved the record.
    So when I try and issue an item out to myself, it lets me save the record.

:matusetrans.enterby != 'U' + :matusetrans.issueto
    Hi Kent: I took a quick check in a 7.1 database, and confirmed (as I thought) that both ISSUETO and ENTERBY are PERSONIDS, not user IDs.

You normally don't add the object name either - try entering

:ISSUETO != :ENTERBY

or (if you absolutely feel that you need the "U"):

:ENTERBY != "U" + :ISSUETO

The reason for not adding the object is: when you put a ":" in front of a field, you're telling Maximo to use "the current value on the screen". I've never tried adding the object, but that COULD affect the condition.

Another idea that just occurred to me - you may be able to use this instead:

:ISSUETO != :&PERSONID&

:PERSONID is a built-in variable that means "the person ID of the current user".

Hope that helps.
    Shannon
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-23T04:57:14Z  
    Hi Kent: I took a quick check in a 7.1 database, and confirmed (as I thought) that both ISSUETO and ENTERBY are PERSONIDS, not user IDs.

You normally don't add the object name either - try entering

:ISSUETO != :ENTERBY

or (if you absolutely feel that you need the "U"):

:ENTERBY != "U" + :ISSUETO

The reason for not adding the object is: when you put a ":" in front of a field, you're telling Maximo to use "the current value on the screen". I've never tried adding the object, but that COULD affect the condition.

Another idea that just occurred to me - you may be able to use this instead:

:ISSUETO != :&PERSONID&

:PERSONID is a built-in variable that means "the person ID of the current user".

Hope that helps.
    Shannon
    As soon as I hit post, I realized that I'd forgot the "&"s in the second PERSONID variable I typed. sigh

To be clear, my first reference is correct - it should be :&PERSONID&. (Tip: when you're in conditional expression manager, you have some buttons for each variable, and if you click the Person ID button, you should get the same thing).
    Shannon