Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T12:21:38Z by SystemAdmin
JeffDomogala
JeffDomogala
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ClearCase 8.0.0.4 Win7 install missing DLLs

‏2012-12-20T15:59:51Z |
I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine that had ClearCase and ClearQuest 7.1 on it. I removed the applications using the Install Manager. Then I uninstalled the Install Manager. Then I installed ClearQuest and ClearCase 8.0.0.4 on this machine using Install Manager 1.6.1. However, when I try to launch ClearCase Explorer a mesage box pops up saying "The program cannot start because libatriaregistry.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." So comparing to another Windows 7 64 bit machine with a known good install, I found that there are a few DLLs missing in c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin. The install did not complain that it had any issues along the way. For good measure, I did uninstall it all and reinstall again (including Install Manager) and I get the same result, missing DLLs.

Looking for help!
Updated on 2013-01-07T12:21:38Z at 2013-01-07T12:21:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1807 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ClearCase 8.0.0.4 Win7 install missing DLLs

‏2013-01-07T12:21:38Z  in response to JeffDomogala
    I have same problem "The program cannot start because libatriaregistry.dll is missing from your computer" after I install Clearcase on Windows 7 64 bit machine, Reinstall did not help me either and I’m still waiting for an explanation from IBM.
    However there is a workaround which has work for me and I managed to reinstall Clearcase and it works.
    Before you reinstall your programs make sure that your local profile Temp folder is empty.

C:\Users\your-id\AppData\Local\Temp
    Hopefully this will help you to proceed until we get some explanation.