2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T20:25:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic jazz and git ignore files appearing in un-managed projects

‏2012-12-19T20:27:03Z |
Hello,

I am attempting to set ignore file practices for my Worklight projects but encountering some confusion.

Has anyone else seen SCM ignore files being put into the default new worklight projects. I have found the following files in new projects and in projects I upgraded from 5.0.3 -

android/native/libs/.jazzignore
iphone/native/.jazzignore
iphone/native/.gitignore

The iPhone git and jazz ignores appear to ignore different file sets, and none of them specifically line up with the recommendations listed here

Can anyone say if these files are here on purpose or something that I should manually remove... Did I somehow create them by accident? Thanks for the help and sanity check.

Aaron Allsbrook
ClearBlade Mobile Lead
  • AntonAleksandrov
    AntonAleksandrov
    55 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: jazz and git ignore files appearing in un-managed projects

‏2012-12-23T13:08:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Aaron,

.jazzignore files contain correct references to the resources that you should not store in SCM because they are regenerated on application build.
    .gitignore, on the other hand, looks like leftover from previous version and should be ignored. I will email dev team to take care of it.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: jazz and git ignore files appearing in un-managed projects

‏2013-01-09T20:25:44Z  in response to AntonAleksandrov
      Thanks for the reply Anton,

Any idea why there is a discrepancy between the .jazz ignore file contents and whats recommended in the help doc. My instinct is to go with the help doc.

Aaron Allsbrook
      ClearBlade Mobile Lead