Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-20T15:30:01Z by Powell
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1807 Posts

Pinned topic Installation ReqPro on Win 7 with Command Line failed - Important

‏2012-12-19T17:26:08Z |
I am in the folder where installc is located, then I run the following command in an CMD Prompt (as Administrator):

installc.exe input "i:\1_HQMR\Teams\RequisitePro\Win7\InstallReqPro.xml" –acceptLicense

Error Message:
Unknown Argument "?accept license"

if I run it without acceptLicense argument, the installer reminds to accept the license agreement by adding "-acceptLicense".

Then I add the accept License and use the same command as in first time(see top) and it works.

What is wrong here ?

Beforehand, I used -showProgress as an argument. Maybe my OS did not like it ?
Updated on 2012-12-20T15:30:01Z at 2012-12-20T15:30:01Z by Powell
  • Powell
    Powell
    51 Posts

Re: Installation ReqPro on Win 7 with Command Line failed - Important

‏2012-12-19T21:57:34Z  
    It could be that the dash, "-" in -acceptLicense is not really a dash. At one time some characters that looked like dashes got into the docs and copy/paste of these characters had some problems.

If this is the problem, and if you did get it from the docs, leave a URL in a reply to get things corrected.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1807 Posts

‏2012-12-20T09:52:14Z  
    • Powell
    • ‏2012-12-19T21:57:34Z
    It could be that the dash, "-" in -acceptLicense is not really a dash. At one time some characters that looked like dashes got into the docs and copy/paste of these characters had some problems.

If this is the problem, and if you did get it from the docs, leave a URL in a reply to get things corrected.
    "If this is the problem, and if you did get it from the docs, leave a URL in a reply to get things corrected. "

Thank you - what do you mean with the docs in the phrase that I quoted ?
    Regarding URL do you mean that I have the installc.exe in the Internet and that I can send you an URL with the installc.path on my server ? I do not have it online, I have it on my local client .

Now it seems to work: I inserted the parameter-dash manually and did not copy it from a Word-Document.

Obviously , the MSWord dash and the CMD Dash are two different chars ??
  • Powell
    Powell
    51 Posts

‏2012-12-20T15:30:01Z  
    "If this is the problem, and if you did get it from the docs, leave a URL in a reply to get things corrected. "

Thank you - what do you mean with the docs in the phrase that I quoted ?
    Regarding URL do you mean that I have the installc.exe in the Internet and that I can send you an URL with the installc.path on my server ? I do not have it online, I have it on my local client .

Now it seems to work: I inserted the parameter-dash manually and did not copy it from a Word-Document.

Obviously , the MSWord dash and the CMD Dash are two different chars ??
    Right, the MSWord dash is not a normal dash. I bet you can fix the word document by deleting the dash and replacing it with a dash typed in from the keyboard.