Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:43:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Worklight Clustering with WAS-ND

‏2012-12-19T16:54:06Z |
Anybody have any idea for setting up WL clustering using WAS-ND?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Worklight Clustering with WAS-ND

‏2012-12-19T16:57:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I am using WL v5.0.5 consumer edition.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    49 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T17:26:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Have you read the following?
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.worklight.help.doc%2Fadmin%2Fc_clustering.html

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      300 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T17:39:15Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Yes i have. But i was looking for proper steps to setup a cluster with worklight on it.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      300 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T19:13:40Z  in response to IdanAdar
      I have installed WL on a new WAS Liberty profile ported with the installation. Can i integrate this liberty profile with WAS-ND for clustering?
      • VV3R_mordechai_taitelman
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-01T09:05:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        let me rephrase your question and tell me if I got you right:
        can I take a free product like Liberty 8.5 profile and add it as a node to a full fledged Websphere ND cluster ?

ASAIK : Websphere 8.5 ND can install/start/stop/configure a Liberty 8.5 profile (via the Job Manager menu) , however, since Liberty profile is missing the node agent notion, it can't participate in a "classic" Websphere ND (8.5) cluster.

I doubt if a Liberty profile can communicate with the WLM (Work Load Manager) inside a Websphere ND cell or share the session replication models that ND nodes support directly.

So what can be done ?
        Well, since we are talking about Worklight and most of the communication is HTTP and configuration is stored in a database then we can create/duplicate several independent Liberty installations and then put an HTTP load balancer in front of them (for example: IBM Edge Component).
        If you install a them via DMGR (deployment manager) then it may be a bit easier, but those servers will not be part of a ND cluster.

The load balancer can should the sticky-session property (read Worklight's Admin guide)
        You will need to read few technical installation manuals to learn how to configure and install a HTTP load balancer, but
        I believe that as long as the database can support the (many) web servers load - such configuration can serve your needs.

Does it answer your question ?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        300 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-08T00:43:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight