Pinned topic Trending topics
I am using ICA in order to track social networks, and according to my results I am able to annotate 5% of the posts from the social network according
to the objectives set by the client, however, they are interested in knowing what the rest of the posts are about, is there an ICA feature which
enables me to find out the trending topics or hot topics?
bwchang 1100006UY12 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Trending topics2012-12-19T19:52:17Z in response to DmartincThree possible options for your use out of the box.
1) Document clustering, which discover top x number of categorization by sampling a subset of documents.
2) Terms of Interest, which detects relationships between nouns and nearby verbs and adverbs
3) Parts of Speech, which is generated by default, for you to browse around to see what interesting nouns, verbs, etc., showed up as frequent occurrence.
bfoyle 060001WDQ360 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Trending topics2012-12-20T06:10:55Z in response to bwchangIn addition to what Billy describes, I would also look at enabling the sample custom plugin for tiara...it is very useful for that type of trending over time...you would be able to run it against any of the topics that Billy suggests.
Dmartinc 270002UUX35 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Trending topics2013-01-02T17:23:32Z in response to DmartincWhen deploying a sample plugin, I follow the steps stated in the REDBook, which are:
1. Copy the entire contents of the samples/analyticsViewPlugin directory into
the ES_NODE_ROOT/master_config/searchapp/analytics/plugin directory. If
the plugin directory does not exist, create one.
2. In the plugins.xml configuration file, uncomment the definitions for the
<?xml version= "1.0" ?> <viewPlugins> <!-- Dojo only plug-in sample --> <plugin id= "myFirstPlugin" title= "Facet Cloud" titleKey= "resource.key.myFirstPlugin" activeIconPath= "images/facet16.png"> <mainComponent file= "myFirstPlugin.js" dojoType= "view.myFirstPlugin.myFirstPlugin" facetDimension= "1" /> </plugin> <!-- Dojo and flex combination sample --> <!--plugin id= "mySecondPlugin" title= "My Second Plugin" activeIconPath= "images/email16.png"> <mainComponent file= "mySecondPlugin.js" dojoType= "view.mySecondPlugin.mySecondPlugin" facetDimension= "2" /> <flashObject file= "mySecondPlugin.swf" bridgeFile= "mySecondPluginBridge.js" bridgeName= "b_mySecondPlugin" /> </plugin--> < plugin id= "TiaraPlugin" title= "Tiara Plugin" activeIconPath= "images/tiara-icon.png"> <mainComponent file= "TiaraPlugin.js" dojoType= "view.TiaraPlugin.TiaraPlugin" facetDimension= "1" /> <flashObject id= "ICATrendChart" file= "ICATrendChart.swf" bridgeFile= "ICATrendChart.js" bridgeName= "b_ICATrendChart"/> </plugin> </viewPlugins>
3. Restart the text miner application:
– I am using WebSphere Application Server, so I enter the following command:
esadmin config sync , by the way this command is wrong, it is: esadmin configmanager sync ,like in the previous version.
4. Stop and restart the text miner application ---> what do you mean by stop and restart the next miner application?
I think I am doing something wrong, because the changes are not deployed. Could you give any advice?
aoran 270000Y79N2 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Trending topics2014-05-19T17:47:29Z in response to Dmartinc
I've followed all the insructions to enable the Tiara sample plugin but it did not work
After I restarted the miner application the new view simply isn't shown in the miner UI