• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-19T23:11:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Access control: To block the IPs

‏2012-12-19T07:47:07Z |
Hi,

Concern is one of monitoring device keeps pinging to DP box (for health check reason),
& that makes lot of log entries, I am looking the option at DP to block communication from that IP?

I know we have ACL option to allow the listed IPs, etc..
Is there any way to block particular IPs.

could you please suggest any way to overcome my problem.
Updated on 2012-12-19T23:11:37Z at 2012-12-19T23:11:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • msiebler
    msiebler
    140 Posts

Re: Access control: To block the IPs

‏2012-12-19T10:56:04Z  
    acl can both block or allow ; or you could supress the log message
  • PullMeOut
    PullMeOut
    47 Posts

‏2012-12-19T19:05:00Z  
    You can restrict the ip calling DP , But …………

I see what your are trying to do , monitoring device does health check up on regularly intervals , , and in most of the cases it is not good to restrict health check , that is nature some of monitoring devices . Just to restrict logs you cannot stop health checks, before doing just discuss with your infrastructure team or architect.

You are not going to log these kind of errors to some other storage, Why worried about logs, they are not going to stop you from anything, unless you are logging them somewhere
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-12-19T23:11:37Z  
    • PullMeOut
    • ‏2012-12-19T19:05:00Z
    You can restrict the ip calling DP , But …………

I see what your are trying to do , monitoring device does health check up on regularly intervals , , and in most of the cases it is not good to restrict health check , that is nature some of monitoring devices . Just to restrict logs you cannot stop health checks, before doing just discuss with your infrastructure team or architect.

You are not going to log these kind of errors to some other storage, Why worried about logs, they are not going to stop you from anything, unless you are logging them somewhere
    Hi,

I agree with PullMeOut... However please find below link for an answer to your question...

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21283002

Thanks,
    Venkat