3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-05T12:28:31Z by mmalc
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3556 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Terminating Process Instances via Script

‏2012-12-18T06:57:59Z |
Hello,

Is there a way to Terminate process instances in BPC via script? I would want to have a script that terminates process instances that were started seven days ago but I am having a hard time doing so manually in BPC because of the volume of transactions.

Thanks
Updated on 2013-01-05T12:28:31Z at 2013-01-05T12:28:31Z by mmalc
  • mmalc
    mmalc
    231 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Terminating Process Instances via Script

‏2012-12-21T05:34:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In your WPS install directory there's a ProcessChoreography/admin directory with some scripts. There should be one that allows you to delete process instances. I forget what it's called. There is a "-force" option.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      3556 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-26T02:49:34Z  in response to mmalc
      I think the force option is just for when you have to uninstall applications.
      http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.bpc.doc%2Fdoc%2Fbpc%2Frscript_bpctemplates.html

There's a script to delete process instaces but they only delete 'completed' instances. Instances in the completed, terminated and failed.
      http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.bpc.doc%2Fdoc%2Fbpc%2Frscript_deletecompletedprocessinstances.html

I need a script to delete running instances. or at least a script to terminate process instances so I can use the deleteCompletedProcessInstances.py script.
      • mmalc
        mmalc
        231 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-05T12:28:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You're right that is for completed instances. I don't believe there is such a thing for running instances. You'd have to create that script yourself calling one of the APIs.

You can also delete them using the BPC explorer. You can delete them in batches, however you'd need to experiment how many of them could be deleted in a single transaction time of 2 mins if you're using the default settings. I'd try 500 for starters and see how you go.