IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-20T10:56:36Z by MerlinUK
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts

Pinned topic How do you create an Object using the Java API?

‏2012-12-17T23:58:34Z |
I've attached a screen shot of the Rhapsody UI with the model element I want to create using the Java API. I know I need to use addNewAggr with a metaclass and a name. I've tried metaclass Object; it returns an IRPInstance that in the UI is a Part. Metaclass InstanceSpecification returns an IRPInstanceSpecification and in the UI is an InstanceSpecification. I've tried metaclass ObjectNode, but couldn't get that to create under a Package, so I know that is not it.
Updated on 2012-12-20T10:56:36Z at 2012-12-20T10:56:36Z by MerlinUK
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

Re: How do you create an Object using the Java API?

‏2012-12-18T12:58:58Z  
    I thought I included the file. Sorry!
  • MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    106 Posts

‏2012-12-18T13:14:57Z  
    I thought I included the file. Sorry!
    Your model is a SysML Model - hence Objects show up as Parts
    If you right-click your project and select Change To > Project then your Parts will become Objects

You can use AddNewAggr to add Objects but you can also use Package.addGlobalObject()

Cheers
    Andy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-12-19T19:11:31Z  
    • MerlinUK
    • ‏2012-12-18T13:14:57Z
    Your model is a SysML Model - hence Objects show up as Parts
    If you right-click your project and select Change To > Project then your Parts will become Objects

You can use AddNewAggr to add Objects but you can also use Package.addGlobalObject()

Cheers
    Andy
    Thanks for your reply. I know the SysML profile is in the model, but I didn't do a "Change to" SysML. It was still using the Developer "edition" when I was working in it and when I made the screen shot.
  • MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    106 Posts

‏2012-12-20T10:56:36Z  
    Thanks for your reply. I know the SysML profile is in the model, but I didn't do a "Change to" SysML. It was still using the Developer "edition" when I was working in it and when I made the screen shot.
    OK I see. I created a project and added SysML to it - but made sure it was a 'Project' and not a 'SysML' and ran the following code: (Assuming that package exists and has a Class called Class1 in it)

rpy = RhapsodyAppServer.getActiveRhapsodyApplication();
    prj = rpy.activeProject();
    IRPModelElement elt = rpy.getSelectedElement();
    IRPPackage pkg = (IRPPackage) rpy.getSelectedElement();
    pkg.addGlobalObject("newObject", "Class1", "DesignSynthesisPkg");

I got an Object called newObject - not a Part (Screenshot attached)