2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-18T14:01:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1250 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic HTTP Post using SOAPUI, Mapping questions

‏2012-12-17T21:15:28Z |
Hi all,

I am trying to build a test flow to connect and return data from a SaaS service. I am able to send a SOAP document via HTTP Post in SOAPUI, and get a return document which contains all field elements. When I am building this to flow thru CI, I am having difficulties with mapping from the invoke webservice operation to the HTTP response.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Updated on 2012-12-18T14:01:59Z at 2012-12-18T14:01:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: HTTP Post using SOAPUI, Mapping questions

‏2012-12-17T22:02:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I am not clear on what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are using the Web Service Invoke Service operation, the input and output parameters should render the appropriate field names. If this is not true, check the WSDL for WS-I conformance. (.NET web services often do not conform to WS-I standards.)

Are you using CI to provide a wrapper for a web service operation within an orchestration that sends an HTTP response? If so, you will need to serialize the invoke web service body (an XML document) or use functions (like concatenate) to combine multiple fields in the response into a single string that can be used as an HTTP response.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1250 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: HTTP Post using SOAPUI, Mapping questions

‏2012-12-18T14:01:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      > B7VC_Cynthia_Lemon wrote:
      > I am not clear on what you are trying to accomplish.
      >
      > If you are using the Web Service Invoke Service operation, the input and output parameters should render the appropriate field names. If this is not true, check the WSDL for WS-I conformance. (.NET web services often do not conform to WS-I standards.)
      >
      > Are you using CI to provide a wrapper for a web service operation within an orchestration that sends an HTTP response? If so, you will need to serialize the invoke web service body (an XML document) or use functions (like concatenate) to combine multiple fields in the response into a single string that can be used as an HTTP response.

I am sending an XML SOAP message using SOAPUI via Cast Iron to a SaaS service. I am requesting the fields for a specific function (Contacts), but cannot map the output from the "invoke web service" to the HTTP response body.

When testing with SOAPUI directly to the service, I get a HTTP response with the proper XML data. I guess if I have to serialize, I will need to loop thru all responses and then send completed body to the HTTP response right?