hiroleen
hiroleen
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Run Unit Error Resolution

‏2012-12-17T15:54:47Z |
I am a little curious about the Run Unit Details error message as follow:

6 MABP00000 Unresolved - No Entry Point Not found

This is trying to resolve mainframe programs (CICS)and it is complaining the Entry Point is not found. Typically the COBOL member name is up to 8 characters and I like to know how RAA is figuring MABP00000 (9 character entry point) is missing when it is not even referenced by the calling program.

The Entry Point to MABP0000 is parsed successfully and that is the program/run unit that is called. Where can I look to resolve this issue?
Updated on 2012-12-18T23:03:01Z at 2012-12-18T23:03:01Z by jcdelmo
  • hiroleen
    hiroleen
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Run Unit Error Resolution

‏2012-12-17T16:36:47Z  in response to hiroleen
    I have done a little more research - there is a hard coded move of the program name from 14 byte long field to 8 byte long field. The 14 byte long field has 9 characters + spaces and when it is moved to 8 byte field, the extra character and spaces get truncated. The program transfer occurs from the 8-byte field.

RAA takes the moving field information to ascertain Run Unit rather than the moved field. I think this is my conclusion for the Run Unit error with 9 byte long program (run unit) name. Is this a fair assessment?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      849 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T22:47:40Z  in response to hiroleen
      Good analysis, makes sense to me. You probably can look at the calling program details page and look at called program list to confirm.
    • jcdelmo
      jcdelmo
      341 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-18T23:03:01Z  in response to hiroleen
      Is it true that the CALL is a dynamic one? That the data element being called is also used for other purposes than the CALL?

Could you send the program to jcdelmo@us.ibm.com for analysis? I'd like to see if the dynamic data functionality can be refined, as RAA is designed to find CALLs from code like:

MOVE 
      'ABC0001' TO CALL-NAME CALL CALL-NAME