• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-27T18:17:10Z by Purush_WTX
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts

Pinned topic Create XSD File From CPY

‏2012-12-17T14:59:50Z |
Hello everyone;

I want to create a new WTX project but i have only the input file and the CPY file but a i don't got the XSD file, how i can create this file based from my CPY file? is that possible? Any suggest actions?

Regards from Colombia;
Cristian.
Updated on 2012-12-27T18:17:10Z at 2012-12-27T18:17:10Z by Purush_WTX
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

Re: Create XSD File From CPY

‏2012-12-18T19:51:16Z  
    Take a look at "COBOL copybook to XML converter" at SourceForge.net

If you have an example of the XML you want to create, use an XSD inference engine to create an XSD. You can then map from the copybook type tree to the XSD. The tool you need exists in xmlSpy or Microsoft Visual Studio .NET as well as other XML development tools. MS' standalone tool, xsd.exe, is no longer available from MS but it may be somewhere on the Web.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

‏2012-12-18T21:17:09Z  
    You can use EXPORT AS SCHEMA capability in the Type Designer to create a schema from the CopyBook Type Tree as a start.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

‏2012-12-18T21:27:15Z  
    You can use EXPORT AS SCHEMA capability in the Type Designer to create a schema from the CopyBook Type Tree as a start.
    Hello!

Thanks for your answer; where i can find this option in my WTX?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts

‏2012-12-19T12:52:11Z  
    Hello!

Thanks for your answer; where i can find this option in my WTX?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
    Open the copy book type tree and right click on a Group or item and select Export As Schema context menu item
  • Purush_WTX
    Purush_WTX
    8 Posts

‏2012-12-27T18:15:49Z  
    Open the copy book type tree and right click on a Group or item and select Export As Schema context menu item
    I have experienced, wtx 8.3.0.3 studio crashes when I use type tree export. Not sure if IBM has given fix in later version. But as a workaround, I use to create type tree out of .cpy file in 8.0 and then open and analyze the type tree in 8.3

If incase it does not work for you in 8.3 or later vesion, try with 8.0 to create type tree.

Regards,
    Purushottam
  • Purush_WTX
    Purush_WTX
    8 Posts

‏2012-12-27T18:17:10Z  
    I have experienced, wtx 8.3.0.3 studio crashes when I use type tree export. Not sure if IBM has given fix in later version. But as a workaround, I use to create type tree out of .cpy file in 8.0 and then open and analyze the type tree in 8.3

If incase it does not work for you in 8.3 or later vesion, try with 8.0 to create type tree.

Regards,
    Purushottam
    To be precise, it crashes only if I use type tree export to create .mtt from .cpy file