Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-18T17:02:47Z by bkail
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to use the EJB feature when enabling the jaxws-2.2 feature.

‏2012-12-17T14:02:55Z |
I am able to run the secure EJB sample with the provided server configuration. If I add the jaxws-2.2 feature to the server the sample fails to run with an injection error. I would consider this a bug since there's no documentation about the EJB and jaxws-2.2 feature being mutually exclusive. This same issue was mentioned in the following thread but there was no indication that this has been entered as a bug.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=463645&tstart=0
Would it be possible to have someone from IBM verify this and provide detail on whether there is an expected resolution?

I get the following console output when trying to start the secured servlet EJB sample with the jaxws-2.2 feature enabled.

"ERROR CNTR4006E: The SampleSecureStatelessBean EJB in the SecureEJBSample module of the SecureEJBSample application failed to start. The exception message was: java.lang.NullPointerException
ERROR CWNEN0030E: The EJB factory encountered a problem getting the object instance Reference Class Name: wasdev.sample.ejb.SampleSecureStatelessBean
Type: EJBLinkInfo
Content: com.ibm.ws.ejbcontainer.injection.factory.EJBLinkInfo@17fe89
binding object.
ERROR CNTR4006E: The SampleSecureStatelessBean EJB in the SecureEJBSample module of the SecureEJBSample application failed to start. The exception message was: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform reference processing. The list of input components was empty.
ERROR CWNEN0030E: The EJB factory encountered a problem getting the object instance Reference Class Name: wasdev.sample.ejb.SampleSecureStatelessBean
Type: EJBLinkInfo
Content: com.ibm.ws.ejbcontainer.injection.factory.EJBLinkInfo@17fe89
binding object."

When trying to access the sample servlet I am prompted for a username and password. After entering those I get the following error.

"Error 404: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: SRVE0319E: For the http://wasdev.sample.ejb.SecureEJBServlet servlet, wasdev.sample.ejb.SecureEJBServlet servlet"
  • bkail
    bkail
    23 Posts

Re: Unable to use the EJB feature when enabling the jaxws-2.2 feature.

‏2012-12-18T17:02:47Z  
    The incompatibility of ejblite-3.1 and jaxws-2.2 is a known issue that was discovered after the alpha was shipped. The problem is worsened because appSecurity-1.0 automatically enables ejblite-3.1 in the alpha. We hope to fix the incompatibility and remove the artificial appSecurity/ejblite dependency. In the meantime, we appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience.

-Brett Kail