• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T13:40:09Z by SystemAdmin
mortenb
mortenb
19 Posts

Pinned topic WMQ 7.1 linux - setmqaut not working

‏2012-12-17T10:22:55Z |
Hi whatever I do, I'm unable to set authorizations on anything:
Nothing changes whatever I do, I use the same user I've used to create the qmgr.
and all users are of course members of the mqm group.
No errors in /var/mqm/qmgrs/mbmqj/errors or anywhere else I look.

You see the put is still there.
Am I missing something?

[mbj@mqmbj WebsphereMQ]$ setmqaut -m mqmbj -t queue -g mqm -n secana.queue -put The setmqaut command completed successfully. [mbj@mqmbj WebsphereMQ]$ dspmqaut -m mqmbj -t queue -n 
'secana.queue' -g mqm Entity mqm has the following authorizations 

for object secana.queue: get browse put inq set crt dlt chg dsp passid passall setid setall clr

Thanks
--
Morten Bjoernsvik, Developer Evry CardServices AS, Oslo, Norway
Updated on 2013-01-07T13:40:09Z at 2013-01-07T13:40:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: WMQ 7.1 linux - setmqaut not working

‏2012-12-19T23:43:58Z  
    dspmqaut displays the effective authorization of the entity to the object. This could be the result of another generic profile that control authoritizations to the object, not the one you changed.

You shouldn't be trying to remove authorities for the mqm group on any object. What is your reason for doing this?

G.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: WMQ 7.1 linux - setmqaut not working

‏2013-01-07T13:40:09Z  
    The mqm group is special - it always has permission to everything. You cannot (by design) remove any of those permissions.

You says "all users are of course members of the mqm group". This is by no means necessary. You need mqm membership to start queue managers and other such control command related tasks, endmqm, crtmqm etc. But all other work can be managed by non-mqm group users where you can then set and remove permissions usin setmqaut and you are trying to do.

Cheers
    Morag