Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T09:59:10Z by cglockner
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic oslc.where and oslc.searchTerms no longer work together in OSLC v2

‏2012-12-16T16:52:17Z |
I can use either oslc.where or oslc.searchTerms on their own, but when I specify both of them I get error 501 (Not Implemented) - is there any way to get around this, or it is a bug?

My URL is:
/cqweb/oslc/repo/DBNAME/db/MYDB/simpleQuery/16777434?rcm.contentType=application%2Fjson&oslc.where=cq%3AProduct%3D%22myproductname%22&oslc.searchTerms=%22myterm%22

If it is impossible to combine text search with a where clause it's a very serious limitation, as well as a violation of the OSLC v2 API that I thought CQ supported - as it says in http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecQuery#oslc_searchTerms "When oslc.where is used with oslc.searchTerms then the set of resources searched for matches MUST be restricted to only those resources that satisfy the conditions in oslc.where".

I was able to use text search with a query using the older v1 OSLC api, and I'm quite frustrated that after investing lots of time upgrading everything to use the v2 API (which is quite an effort) the functionality seems to have significantly regressed (especially as there's nothing in the CQ documentation to warn people of this)

Any input on this would be a great help, especially if there's some way round it. I don't want to have to revert everything back to the v1 OSLC api!
Updated on 2013-01-07T09:59:10Z at 2013-01-07T09:59:10Z by cglockner
  • cglockner
    cglockner
    345 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: oslc.where and oslc.searchTerms no longer work together in OSLC v2

‏2012-12-17T07:29:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Ben,

What headers are you setting in your request?

-Christian
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      24948 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T15:35:09Z  in response to cglockner
      Hi Christian,

Just authorization and OSLC version:
      headers = 'Basic %s'%credentials
      headers = '2.0'

Is there any magic header I could set to get it to work? Or is it a known bug/limitation (i.e. I need to switch everything back to OSLC v1)?

Thanks
      Ben
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        24948 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-03T10:55:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        This is a significant issue for us, and I would really appreciate any input - from IBM or other ClearQuest users.

Many thanks!
        Ben
        • cglockner
          cglockner
          345 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-07T09:59:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Ben,

I highly suggest you open a PMR with us so that we can investigate this issue.

-Christian