Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-17T07:48:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic Making a list of new, deleted and changed reqs from a view and a date

‏2012-12-16T16:01:49Z |
Hello,
I have a view created from a module. I want to create a way to know if there are new reqs, changed reqs or reqs which deleted from the module, comparing with specific date.
I'm thinking of doing this in 3 stages: first to extract the atts from the view. Then iterate with for loop on the objects in the module, and for each object loop on the atts (which found in the view) to check if something changed (with a key). By that we track the changed objects and the new ones. And 3rd to do that one more time on the view objects to track the deleted objects.
There is a shorter way or a made script to do that?
Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-12-17T07:48:14Z at 2012-12-17T07:48:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: Making a list of new, deleted and changed reqs from a view and a date

‏2012-12-17T07:48:14Z  
    Maybe you are not stating all your requirements or needs, but if you just want to see or report on new, changed or deleted objects there is no need for a script. Just show the deleted items in a view (View / Show / Deletions) and then filter the objects based on Last Modifed on attribute, giving the condition as "is greater than" and the value as your cut-off-date (typically in some dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy format).

If you only want to see changes to some specific attributes, instead of whole object level changes, then you need somekind of script to sort through the changes in history. And if you do baselining then you baselines will influence also what you see in object history. See this thread for more discussion.

• Pekka Mäkinen - http://www.softqa.eu/