Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-09T11:13:40Z by LouiseOH
Srini_A
Srini_A
49 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Moving to Cognos Reporting from Web Reporting in TUAM

‏2012-12-16T02:52:39Z |
We have external customers that log on to the current Web Reporting in TUAM and can only view the reports based on the User Group to Account Code authorization. Is such a feature supported in Cognos Reporting? I read through the documentation and it did not appear that you could do what you can do currently in Web Reporting. It seems like if a user can run a report in Cognos Reporting they can see all the data that the query will provide. Is there a recommended approach to this?
Updated on 2012-12-18T21:07:42Z at 2012-12-18T21:07:42Z by Srini_A
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    150 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Moving to Cognos Reporting from Web Reporting in TUAM

‏2012-12-17T10:22:26Z  in response to Srini_A
    Hi,

The account code security that was in Web Reporting is also available in the TCR Cognos Reports and works in the same way.

When defining a user group in TUAM / SCCM, the clients listed in the Client Allowed section will restrict those seen when a user in that user group runs a report in TCR, just as it does in Web Reporting.

I'll see if we can make this clearer in the documentation to avoid further confusion.
    • Srini_A
      Srini_A
      49 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-18T21:07:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I had a couple of additional questions relating to functionality of Cognos Reporting Vs. Windows Web Reporting.

1) Is the batch publishing of reports supported in Cogonos similar to what can be done in WWR?
      2) Is the Favorites Feature where you can mark certain reports to show up on Favorites supported?

Thanks in advance
    • mcreen
      mcreen
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T17:12:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I have the same issue - Can you point me to some documentation?

• LouiseOH
    LouiseOH
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-09T11:13:40Z  in response to Srini_A

Hi Michael, Srini

Please refer to  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.sccm.doc_2.1/migration/c_migrating_from_web_reporting_to_tivoli_common_reporting.html

for migration from WWR to Cognos Reporting.

For scheduling reports refer to

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cc.8.4.1.doc/ug_cc_i_view_manage_schedules.html

With regard to Favorites: there are features within Cognos that can deliver the same functionality. For example you can create a new Folder  - called Favorites in My Folders. Create a new report view / shortcut of your favorite reports  and store them in your new favorites folder.

Then create  a new page in My folders and when modifying the layout and contents of the new page - include Cognos navigator - and drill down to hte favorites folder.

You can add the new page to the portal tabs so you can see the favorites in your main window. If you want to set that tab as home you can so it is the one displayed when you open Common Reporting.

Refer to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cc.8.4.0.doc/ug_cc_id2894Managing_Pages.html#Managing_Pages for more info on this - or f if you need help let me know

Best Regards

Louise