Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-17T08:13:47Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3234 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Change raid 1 disk

‏2012-12-15T22:43:04Z |
Hi. I have a question about a blade server H22 raid configuration. I am currently using raid 1 on several server in a blade case. My intention is to create a life boat disk for each server. What i want to do is to take off the servers one by one, take one disk out from the server and insert a new one in it's place. This way i suppose the server will start mirroring the disks again. The question is: is it important which disk i take out from the server? Which disk i should take out from the two of them? Please remember that i turn off the servers before doing so. If it matters which disk i should take out, how do i find out which of the two disks i should take out and which one i should not take out.
Thank you!
Updated on 2012-12-17T08:13:47Z at 2012-12-17T08:13:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • skyron
    skyron
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change raid 1 disk

‏2012-12-17T04:27:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Would it not be easier to create an image file for these systems? If you still want to keep a drive as backup, you can remove any of the drive, as long as the RAID level is 1.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      3234 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change raid 1 disk

‏2012-12-17T08:13:47Z  in response to skyron
      Hi. Thank you for your answer. The problem is how quickly can i have the server up and running if the server will crash. If i run two BladeCenter server, identical, then if one blade center will crash i can put the life boat disks in the other one and have the systems up and running immediately.
      Best regards Alex.