Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-18T10:15:21Z by DavidSeager
NickLaqua
NickLaqua
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Default classifications in Business Space

‏2012-12-14T04:36:18Z |
Is it possible to link default classifications to entities being created ? Say there is dedicated Spaces for different business domains of our company, and upon creating business capabilities via a particular business domain space, the right classification is automatically applied.

Looks like if the Business Space configuration doesn't allow to define default classifications, the configurable modifier doesn't seem to be an option either as it needs a trigger.

any ideas ?

Nick
Updated on 2012-12-18T10:15:21Z at 2012-12-18T10:15:21Z by DavidSeager
  • DavidSeager
    DavidSeager
    61 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Default classifications in Business Space

‏2012-12-17T13:20:19Z  in response to NickLaqua
    There is no way to do what you describe. The Business Space widgets do not have any settings to add anything to an object when creating it. The WSRR API does not know which business space the user was in when they created an object. The WSRR plugins cannot find out which role a user is in when they created an object.

Currently the best you can do is enable editing a classification on the object being created (by adding a classification taxonomy to the properties), and for each space, restrict the classification that can be added to the desired single class. This means the user still needs to add the classification themselves.

This would make a good requirement for the product. Requirements can be raised here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/
  • NickLaqua
    NickLaqua
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-18T01:05:58Z  in response to NickLaqua
    Yes, I guessed so much that Business Space and WSRR are to be kept loosely coupled.

I am struggling though with the work around you suggested. When adding a taxonomy to the properties tab of an entity, it will allow only to add a single item per "taxonomy" tree (regardless of level). So if adding a parent node, the children will be available to be added by the user. But if selecting a single child node (e.g. my particular business domain), this child node will become the property itself without any classifications to be shown on the right hand side.

Hope this is clear.

thx Nick
    • DavidSeager
      DavidSeager
      61 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-18T10:15:21Z  in response to NickLaqua
      I've just tried this and I see what you describe.

So with the current code, it seems the Taxonomy chosen in the details configuration should be the class above the classes you want the user to choose. If you choose a class with no sub-classes as I suggested then you get no choice of what to add.

So the only approach is therefore to structure the ontology with a single child class of your business domains unfortunately. For example:

• HR Domain
      - HR
      • Finance Domain
      - Finance

Then you can choose the "HR Domain" class in the detail properties edit, and the user will only be given "HR" to add.

This is not ideal in my opinion and ideally we would have a requirement for doing this better.