1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T21:29:38Z by ledezma@us.ibm.com
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem about command line processor run method

‏2012-12-14T03:36:41Z |
Hi dear

I tried to execute my script via command line process run method on data studio because I need to manage my transaction by myself.

But I face the error "The connectivity libraries that are needed for local or remote non-JDBC operations were not found. To provide these libraries, you can install IBM Data Server Client or a local DB2 database server instance."

I already install DB2 database server on my machine.The DB2 Administration Server is already active too.

PS. I can use db2clp normally.

How can I solve this issue

Thank you
Updated on 2013-02-13T21:29:38Z at 2013-02-13T21:29:38Z by ledezma@us.ibm.com
  • ledezma@us.ibm.com
    ledezma@us.ibm.com
    24 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem about command line processor run method

‏2013-02-13T21:29:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

In case you are still looking for an answer to this, sometimes this problem happens when there is a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch.

Can you please describe your setup?

What is the operating system where Data Studio is installed?
    What version of Data Studio did you install? If it is v3.2, did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

For the database that you are trying to execute a script against, what operating system is it installed on?
    Is it on the same machine as your Data Studio install? Based on your description, this looks to be the case, but I would like to confirm.
    Is DB2 installed as 32-bit or 64-bit?

This is probably a good starting point. I can try to help you solve your problem based on your configuration.

In general, as Loic has pointed out in a different post (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14936352), Data Studio supports the following when DB2 is installed on the same machine and the operating system is Windows:

(1) 32-bit Data Studio --> we leverage DAS (db2admin start) --> 32 bit DB2: Working configuration
    (2) 32-bit Data Studio --> we leverage DAS (db2admin start) --> 64 bit DB2: Working configuration
    (3) 64-bit Data Studio --> we leverage DAS (db2admin start) --> 64-bit DB2: Working configuration
    (4) 64-bit Data Studio --> we leverage DAS (db2admin start) --> 32-bit DB2: Not a working configuration since DB2 will not have the corresponding 64-bit libraries.

Usually, it is case (4) that issues the error message you saw:

"The connectivity libraries that are needed for local or remote non-JDBC operations were not found. To provide these libraries, you can install IBM Data Server Client or a local DB2 database server instance.".

Thanks,

-Sal.