6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-17T18:08:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1883 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CPLEX 12.5 Oracle connectivity

‏2012-12-13T18:44:44Z |
Hi Guys,

I am testing a CPLEX model in OPL written in CPLEX 12.5 which reads the data from an oracle database. The model does not run, it gives me an error "Oplrun process is not responding, you must relaunch the Run Configuration".

The same model runs in CPLEX 12.2 without any issue.

In both CPLEX version 12.2 and CPLEX 12.5, I am using a string connection similar to the CPLEX documentation DBConnection db("oracle11", "scott/tiger@ilog");

I know that the connectivity is causing the issue but I cannot solve it.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks
Updated on 2012-12-17T18:08:23Z at 2012-12-17T18:08:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1883 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CPLEX 12.5 Oracle connectivity

‏2012-12-13T19:03:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Are you working on Windows 7 64-bit?
    Can you try executing your model with the command line tool oplrun?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1883 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T19:32:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi There,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using a 64-bit machine and the OS is windows 7.

Thanks again
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1883 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T21:20:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        It seems that you're facing a bug specific to that OS (Windows 7 64-bit) and version of CPLEX Optimization Studio (V12.5).
        Until a fix is issued, you can maybe execute your model with oplrun, generating a .dat file for the external data :
        oplrun -de <name of your file to store external data> -p <the folder of your OPL project>

Then in the IDE, you can modify your project to no longer use the .dat file that reads from Oracle but use the generated data file that contains your external data.
        Updated on 2014-03-26T05:51:49Z at 2014-03-26T05:51:49Z by iron-man
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1883 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-14T00:59:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thanks for the workaround but I need to stick to the dat and mod files as they are embedded in an application which is promoted thru a web based application. I need to keep the dat file even though the workaround works fine.

Is there an easy way to contact ILOG-IBM support thru email to share my issue with them?

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the quick response.

Best regards,

Nourredine Hail
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1883 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-14T21:37:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            > Is there an easy way to contact ILOG-IBM support thru email to share my
            > issue with them?

Assuming that you have valid maintenance for the product, you will be able to contact IBM/ILOG support by creating a PMR. You can do so via the Link: http://www.ibm.com/software/support/probsub.html link for electronic submission or go to Link: http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/ to find the phone number for your location if you would like to open the ticket using the phone and provide the agent with your IBM Customer Number or Site # when asked for the same.

US customers can contact IBM Support at 1-800-IBM-SERV (1-800-426-7378). To contact about IBM ILOG products:
            1) Press 2 - All other business products and solutions
            2) Press 2 - Assistance with Software
            3) Press 1 - New Service Request

To know more about how to register with the IBM website and create PMRs online (and download products / fixpacks etc), you can use the technote below and follow the navigation links as required.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21585648

If you are still having trouble creating PMRs, please let us know and we can work on an easier way to get to support.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              1883 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T18:08:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Thanks everyone for all the inputs.

I just wanted to let you know that CPLEX 12.5 for 32-bit machine with windows 7 is fine regardless if the model uses Access/SQL/Oracle DB.

The only issue I have is for 64-bit machine / windows 7 and Oracle database models. The IT department of the company I work for will follow up with IBM regarding this issue.

Thanks again.