Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T14:56:02Z by SystemAdmin
snehamandre
snehamandre
4 Posts

Pinned topic Not able to see 'New' option in Websphere MQ Explorer.

‏2012-12-13T17:07:26Z |
Hi,

I want to create a Queue Manager in MQ. But I am not getting 'New' option at all. I am not able to understand what the problem is. I tried to create it through command as well. But none of my command is running. It's really frustrating. Can anybody tell me what is might be the problem. Also can anybody tell me how use the MQ commands. Where to run those commands etc.

Thank you in advance,
Sneha
Updated on 2013-01-07T14:56:02Z at 2013-01-07T14:56:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: Not able to see 'New' option in Websphere MQ Explorer.

‏2012-12-14T00:38:53Z  
    > I tried to create it through command as well. But none of my command is running.
    What is displayed when you try the 'crtmqm' command to create a MQ Queue Manager ?
    > Also can anybody tell me how use the MQ commands. Where to run those commands etc.
    Do some MQ training courses or read the MQ Infocenter.

HTH, G
  • snehamandre
    snehamandre
    4 Posts

‏2012-12-14T08:51:43Z  
    > I tried to create it through command as well. But none of my command is running.
    What is displayed when you try the 'crtmqm' command to create a MQ Queue Manager ?
    > Also can anybody tell me how use the MQ commands. Where to run those commands etc.
    Do some MQ training courses or read the MQ Infocenter.

HTH, G
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am getting,
    'xxx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

And also I am not getting 'New' option as I said earlier. Will you please help me.

Thanks,
    Sneha
  • snehamandre
    snehamandre
    4 Posts

‏2012-12-14T08:53:56Z  
    not answered yet
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    170 Posts

‏2012-12-15T15:48:22Z  
    not answered yet
    Have you tried running as administrator?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-01-07T14:07:08Z  
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am getting,
    'xxx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

And also I am not getting 'New' option as I said earlier. Will you please help me.

Thanks,
    Sneha
    Have you verified that the MQ server is installed on this machine?
    What version of MQ are you using?

The fact that you running crtmqm results in the OS telling you that crtmqm does not exist, suggest that either it is not installed, or it is at the very least not in your path. The latter may be the case with a perfectly good install if you are using V7.1 and it is a non-primary install.

From your error message, it suggests you are on Windows, perhaps check "Add/Remove programs" or "Programs and Features" if you're on Windows 7 and see if you can find "IBM WebSphere MQ" in the list?

If it is there, perhaps then you could try to navigate to where it is installed. The default is "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ" but of course whoever installed it may have put it somewhere else.

When/if you find the MQ installation directory, then list the contents of the bin directory and check whether there is a crtmqm.exe in there. If it is there, I would check your path next. If it's not there, I would check your installation.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers
    Morag
  • snehamandre
    snehamandre
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-07T14:13:11Z  
    Have you verified that the MQ server is installed on this machine?
    What version of MQ are you using?

The fact that you running crtmqm results in the OS telling you that crtmqm does not exist, suggest that either it is not installed, or it is at the very least not in your path. The latter may be the case with a perfectly good install if you are using V7.1 and it is a non-primary install.

From your error message, it suggests you are on Windows, perhaps check "Add/Remove programs" or "Programs and Features" if you're on Windows 7 and see if you can find "IBM WebSphere MQ" in the list?

If it is there, perhaps then you could try to navigate to where it is installed. The default is "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ" but of course whoever installed it may have put it somewhere else.

When/if you find the MQ installation directory, then list the contents of the bin directory and check whether there is a crtmqm.exe in there. If it is there, I would check your path next. If it's not there, I would check your installation.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers
    Morag
    Hi,

Thank u for replying. Actually I was getting that problem because the WebSphere MQ server was installed in other machine. Thank u very much for the help.

Regards,
    Sneha
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-01-07T14:56:02Z  
    Hi,

Thank u for replying. Actually I was getting that problem because the WebSphere MQ server was installed in other machine. Thank u very much for the help.

Regards,
    Sneha
    Yes indeed - you must be logged on locally to a machine in order to run crtmqm on that machine. You cannot do that via a network attached client such as the MQ Explorer.

Glad you're sorted
    Cheers
    Morag