• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-13T14:29:11Z by pdubovitsky
michelei
michelei
22 Posts

Pinned topic Trigger which needs to read checked out files

‏2012-12-13T10:10:58Z |
Hi all,

I need to setup a trigger which does not allow the check in operation in case the checked out file is not compliant with our binay coding.
I made an exe which returns 1 if the file (passed as argument) is ok and inserted this check in a perl script called in a trigger pre-checkin.
Trigger and exe are on a server folder, while the cheked out file is in the developer's laptop.
Is it possibile to pass the check out file as argument to my exe on the server?

I'm using ClearCase 2003.06.10

thanks!
michele
Updated on 2012-12-13T14:29:11Z at 2012-12-13T14:29:11Z by pdubovitsky
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    189 Posts

Re: Trigger which needs to read checked out files

‏2012-12-13T11:33:59Z  
    Hi,

When you use full client, triggers are fired on the client. You need to make your trigger and exe available to all clients. Checked out file location is provided in "CLEARCASE_PN" environment variable.

Pavel
  • michelei
    michelei
    22 Posts

‏2012-12-13T13:00:44Z  
    Hi,

When you use full client, triggers are fired on the client. You need to make your trigger and exe available to all clients. Checked out file location is provided in "CLEARCASE_PN" environment variable.

Pavel
    thanks!

the exe I call in the perl script connected to the trigger needs two inputs:

a) the checked out file --> I can use CLEARCASE_PN as you suggested

b) another file from the client working ccase view (fixed path) -> if I write "C:\test\pippo.c" in the perl script, "C:" i the disk of the client computer?

thanks again
    michele
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    189 Posts

‏2012-12-13T14:29:11Z  
    • michelei
    • ‏2012-12-13T13:00:44Z
    thanks!

the exe I call in the perl script connected to the trigger needs two inputs:

a) the checked out file --> I can use CLEARCASE_PN as you suggested

b) another file from the client working ccase view (fixed path) -> if I write "C:\test\pippo.c" in the perl script, "C:" i the disk of the client computer?

thanks again
    michele
    The "c:\..." is going to be a disk of the client, but you can use server location, if necessary, via mapped drive of UNC path.

Pavel