Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-28T08:59:53Z by PoulomiGupta
PoulomiGupta
PoulomiGupta
79 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic AUS-15-013 Error retrieving file--How to resolved ?

‏2012-12-13T08:42:00Z |
I have uploaded one test1.xls file in the Docstore .Just after uploading i have tried to open that file manually by going to that docstore location but was unable to open and was getting an error as "AUS-15-013 Error retrieving file".

In sandBox i have executed one snippet of code to read that file

var doc = getDocByPath(
"/TestExcelFile/test1.xls"); var book = 

new ExcelBook(doc);

but was getting an error like "unable to read the file .
Please help me out to resolve this issue. I am using PIM version 5.2
Updated on 2013-01-28T08:59:53Z at 2013-01-28T08:59:53Z by PoulomiGupta
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: AUS-15-013 Error retrieving file--How to resolved ?

‏2012-12-13T09:04:08Z  in response to PoulomiGupta
    Hi,

Can you provide a text of exception from the logfile? How did you upload the file? Have you uploaded files the same way before?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T09:11:44Z  in response to PoulomiGupta
    I guess what alexander means is that you need to change some setting before being able to see the uploaded files in the document store.
    On the other hand, if you did not enable those settings you would get a nullpointer exception because it can not find the file.

Can you see the file in PIM when you open the docstore there?
  • ArupKar
    ArupKar
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T09:19:46Z  in response to PoulomiGupta
    Hi, I think I had faced this issue in past, when used import environment to import the feed files in docstore. If you can see the file in docstore, can you try to delete it and upload the file again (manually) ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    648 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T09:26:42Z  in response to PoulomiGupta
    I do think that it might be better to use a real import (feed) so you do not have to store the documents first to the docstore but you can just use the file that is stored on your local machine and then put it in the file selection field of the import and then you do not need to have a doc first but just do:

var book = new ExcelBook();

*PS I do not know for sure if that functionality is already available in 5.2.
    • KaranBal
      KaranBal
      108 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T21:49:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      From the description, it seems like a character set mismatch. It is possible that the character set you are using to open the file(MDM PIM default is UTF-8) is not the one with which this file was created. The default is set by charset_name and charset_value in the $TOP/etc/default/common.properties file. You can drill down to the file location and select the magnifying glass icon to the right of the filename to get the current character set.

If you don't want to change the default character set in the common.properties file, you can reset a character set of the document using the following script in the sandbox:
      doc=getDocByPath("public_html/<filename>");
      doc.setDocAttribute("CHARSET", "Cp1252");

Alternately, you may open a PMR here: https://www-947.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
      • PoulomiGupta
        PoulomiGupta
        79 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T08:59:53Z  in response to KaranBal
        :)
        Thanks to all :)