Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-14T06:26:02Z by bobbybobby
bobbybobby
bobbybobby
101 Posts

Pinned topic WebSphere Portal enable 8 installation

‏2012-12-12T17:21:52Z |
Downloaded WebSphere Portal 8 enable. System is Windows 7. When I am trying to install WPS8 using the wizard nothing happens.
I am attaching the printscreen. In the print screen when I am clicking the first option nothing happens.
Updated on 2012-12-14T06:26:02Z at 2012-12-14T06:26:02Z by bobbybobby
  • httweed
    httweed
    510 Posts

Re: WebSphere Portal enable 8 installation

‏2012-12-12T20:42:24Z  
    Hi,

What link on that screen are you clicking? "Install IBM WebSphere Portal from the network"?

A possible workaround would be to try the following:

1. Install IBM installation manager manually from the Setup directory:

Setup/IIM/win32/install.exe

2. After Installation Manager is complete, launch IBM Installation Manager and go to File -> Preferences -> Repositories

3. Add this Repository:

Setup/eimage/repository.config

4. Click Install IIM and proceed from there (it should load the WAS and Portal packages).

~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
  • bobbybobby
    bobbybobby
    101 Posts

‏2012-12-13T10:37:10Z  
    • httweed
    • ‏2012-12-12T20:42:24Z
    Hi,

What link on that screen are you clicking? "Install IBM WebSphere Portal from the network"?

A possible workaround would be to try the following:

1. Install IBM installation manager manually from the Setup directory:

Setup/IIM/win32/install.exe

2. After Installation Manager is complete, launch IBM Installation Manager and go to File -> Preferences -> Repositories

3. Add this Repository:

Setup/eimage/repository.config

4. Click Install IIM and proceed from there (it should load the WAS and Portal packages).

~HT
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
    Hi,
    I am using the first option which is "Install IBM WebSphere Portal from media."
    These are the images which I have. Print screen attached.

I tried the option you suggested and in the repository path gave the following(C:\DownloadDirector\WPS8- enable\WP_ENABLE_SETUP_8.0_-1_OF_2-_MP_ML\Setup) , but didnot work.
  • httweed
    httweed
    510 Posts

‏2012-12-13T11:53:26Z  
    Hi,
    I am using the first option which is "Install IBM WebSphere Portal from media."
    These are the images which I have. Print screen attached.

I tried the option you suggested and in the repository path gave the following(C:\DownloadDirector\WPS8- enable\WP_ENABLE_SETUP_8.0_-1_OF_2-_MP_ML\Setup) , but didnot work.
    Oh, that's why. The media has not been extracted correctly. Each zip file needs to be extracted into the exact same directory.

So for example, let's say you create a directory called C:/Portal80. You would then extract each zip file into Portal80. You would then end up with 4 directories within Portal80:

C:/Portal80/Setup
    C:/Portal80/WAS
    C:/Portal80/Portal
    C:/Portal80/Enable

~HT
  • bobbybobby
    bobbybobby
    101 Posts

‏2012-12-14T06:26:02Z  
    • httweed
    • ‏2012-12-13T11:53:26Z
    Oh, that's why. The media has not been extracted correctly. Each zip file needs to be extracted into the exact same directory.

So for example, let's say you create a directory called C:/Portal80. You would then extract each zip file into Portal80. You would then end up with 4 directories within Portal80:

C:/Portal80/Setup
    C:/Portal80/WAS
    C:/Portal80/Portal
    C:/Portal80/Enable

~HT
    Hi,
    Thanks. That worked. Great!!!