Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-19T17:24:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WMB toolkit always throwing "Problem Occurred" dialog box [Service creation

‏2012-12-11T15:13:39Z |
Hi all,
I'm getting started on WMB 8 using the trial version (already applied the updates available).

The version is:
Version: 8.0.0.1
Build id: 8.0.0.1-IFix-20121030-1656
I'm following the education guide at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/v1r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.wmb_v7/wmb/8.0.0.1/ApplicationDevelopment.html
The problem is that whenever I need to change a type I get the following errors:

(attached)

My installation was at first on Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu), after getting the error I've installed the software on Windows 7 (SP1) and the problem occurs and it's the same. So it's not a "Linux" thing :)

Eclipse Error Log:   Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TableItem.setImage(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TableItem.setImage(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.etools.msg.wsdl.ui.internal.commonselection.TableDisplayWidgetHandler.handleSetData(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.etools.msg.wsdl.ui.internal.commonselection.TableDisplayWidgetHandler$2.handleEvent(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table.checkData(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table.wmNotifyChild(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.wmNotify(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.wmNotify(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_NOTIFY(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProcW(Native Method) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table.callWindowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table.callWindowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table.windowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method) at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?
Updated on 2012-12-19T17:24:53Z at 2012-12-19T17:24:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4179 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WMB toolkit always throwing "Problem Occurred" dialog box [Service creation

‏2012-12-11T15:14:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Second Attachment
    • fjb_saper
      fjb_saper
      120 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-15T16:06:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Did you use a resource project to define the table to the environment? Did you make the current project dependant on that resource? Did you verify that the DSN is reachable?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        4179 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T11:37:50Z  in response to fjb_saper
        Hello,

Probably you didn't understand the problem.

I had created a simple project with a simple service. I've just created an interface (the error happens still on the type definitions of the interface/messages).

No connection to anything yet. No DSN and no it's not a resource project, it's a Service Project.
        Kind regards,
        Tiago C.
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T12:51:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It looks very much like a product defect to me. You could open a PMR if you need a fix for this urgently - otherwise you can wait for an APAR to become available and then open the PMR to obtain the fix. IBM is aware either way, because the image that you posted says that an email has already been sent to IBM support.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      4179 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T17:24:53Z  in response to kimbert@uk.ibm.com
      I can't open a PMR since I currently don't have any IBM customer number associated. I'm currently evaluating the solution.

But what I find weird is that on the education guide that I referred (original post), the Service development video shows a IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit very stable and not showing any errors.

Anyway I will wait for a APAR for this :)
      Regards,
      Tiago C.