Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-13T11:25:32Z by Keith6868
Keith6868
Keith6868
15 Posts

Pinned topic Maximo - creating an object data restriction using values from main object

‏2012-12-11T12:29:40Z |
I want to create an object restriction on the 'EVERYONE' security group on the 'Status' field on an incident ticket so that, if the current status is 'RESOLVED', the status dropdown will only contain the 'CLOSED' and 'CANCELLED' statuses.

Unfortunately, I can't work out whether it is possible to achieve this effect.

So far, I have:

Object: SYNONYMDOMAIN
Application: INCIDENT
Type: QUALIFIED
Condition: domainid = 'INCIDENTSTATUS' and (maxvalue 'RESOLVED' or ....

and am stumped for what might come next. I do not know how to refer to the 'status' value on the incident so as to get the effect of:

:status = 'RESOLVED' and maxvalue in ('CLOSED','CANCELLED'))

Is this effect possible and how do I frame the condition?
Updated on 2012-12-13T11:25:32Z at 2012-12-13T11:25:32Z by Keith6868
  • Keith6868
    Keith6868
    15 Posts

Re: Maximo - creating an object data restriction using values from main object

‏2012-12-11T12:51:54Z  
    Sorry, my conditions are all wrong. I think this is right:

Condition:

domainid = 'INCIDENTSTATUS' and
    (maxvalue in ('CLOSED','CANCELLED') or ...

and the bit that is missing should have the effect of:

:status != 'RESOLVED')

Needless to say, that second clause does not work.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-12-12T03:56:38Z  
    You don't need to do it that way - if you have the condition in Conditional Expression Manager, just go into the Domains application and find the INCIDENTSTATUS domain. There is a place to put a condition there, next to each specific value.
    Shannon
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-12-12T08:23:29Z  
    Hi Keith,

Do this..
    Step 1:
    From Conditional expression manager create new condition exp:1010
    object: INCIDENT
    Expression= :status not in(‘RESOLVED’)

Step 2:
    Goto Domains Application search for the INCIDENTSTATUS domain.
    Select the internal statuses which are displaying when the incident status is in RESOLVED except CLOSED,CANCELLED.
    Then from set conditions button add New row
    Add previous created condition 1010 to all selected values(statuses) and then save.
    Now when the incident is in RESOLVED status then status dropdown displays only 'CLOSED' and 'CANCELLED' statuses.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-12-12T09:40:54Z  
    Hi Keith,

Do this..
    Step 1:
    From Conditional expression manager create new condition exp:1010
    object: INCIDENT
    Expression= :status not in(‘RESOLVED’)

Step 2:
    Goto Domains Application search for the INCIDENTSTATUS domain.
    Select the internal statuses which are displaying when the incident status is in RESOLVED except CLOSED,CANCELLED.
    Then from set conditions button add New row
    Add previous created condition 1010 to all selected values(statuses) and then save.
    Now when the incident is in RESOLVED status then status dropdown displays only 'CLOSED' and 'CANCELLED' statuses.
    Hi Keith ,

I think ajays trick should work...we can put conditions fopr every synonymn domain value....

else this can be handelled in bean class customization..
  • Keith6868
    Keith6868
    15 Posts

‏2012-12-12T17:11:23Z  
    Thanks for this tip: sounds more promising and less complicated than what I was doing. However, I haven't managed to make it work yet.

I am using Maximo 7.1.1.5. Here is what I did as a test:

1. Click on 'Go To > System Configuration > Platform Configuration > Domains'
    2. Search for 'INCIDENTSTATUS'
    3. Click to get values for the domain (Synonym Domain' dialogue box)
    4. Expand 'INPROG' status
    5. Click on 'View/Modify Conditions' button
    6. Value ID pf 'INCIDENTSTATUS|INPROG' comes up in dialogue box
    7. Click on brown arrow next to 'Condition Number' and menu option 'Select Value'
    8. Filter list for Condition '1012' (previously set up to contain "status in ('RESOLVED'))
    9. Click on condition '1012'. 'View/Modify Conditions' dialogue box now shows 'Condition Number' as '=1012'
    10. Click on 'OK'
    11. Click on 'OK' on 'Synonym Domain' dialogue box
    12. Click on 'Save Domain'

Then, I repeated steps 3 to 6 to check that the condition was still there: it wasn't - the 'Condition Number' box was blank.

I tried to populate it a couple more times with the same result.

In forlorn hope, I opened an incident in 'RESOLVED' status and the 'In Progress' status is still showing.

So I seem to have a problem getting Maximo to store the condition number. Anyone come across that problem?
  • MaximoLearner
    MaximoLearner
    52 Posts

‏2012-12-13T05:38:18Z  
    • Keith6868
    • ‏2012-12-12T17:11:23Z
    Thanks for this tip: sounds more promising and less complicated than what I was doing. However, I haven't managed to make it work yet.

I am using Maximo 7.1.1.5. Here is what I did as a test:

1. Click on 'Go To > System Configuration > Platform Configuration > Domains'
    2. Search for 'INCIDENTSTATUS'
    3. Click to get values for the domain (Synonym Domain' dialogue box)
    4. Expand 'INPROG' status
    5. Click on 'View/Modify Conditions' button
    6. Value ID pf 'INCIDENTSTATUS|INPROG' comes up in dialogue box
    7. Click on brown arrow next to 'Condition Number' and menu option 'Select Value'
    8. Filter list for Condition '1012' (previously set up to contain "status in ('RESOLVED'))
    9. Click on condition '1012'. 'View/Modify Conditions' dialogue box now shows 'Condition Number' as '=1012'
    10. Click on 'OK'
    11. Click on 'OK' on 'Synonym Domain' dialogue box
    12. Click on 'Save Domain'

Then, I repeated steps 3 to 6 to check that the condition was still there: it wasn't - the 'Condition Number' box was blank.

I tried to populate it a couple more times with the same result.

In forlorn hope, I opened an incident in 'RESOLVED' status and the 'In Progress' status is still showing.

So I seem to have a problem getting Maximo to store the condition number. Anyone come across that problem?
    After step 12, run this script

SELECT * FROM MAXDOMVALCOND WHERE DOMAINID = 'INCIDENTSTATUS'

if you found any result related your conditionnum, it means record is saved.

Even after saving you are able to see INPROG status in RESOLVED incident, then turn admin mode ON and turn admin mode OFF.

Hope it works.
  • MaximoLearner
    MaximoLearner
    52 Posts

‏2012-12-13T05:41:16Z  
    After step 12, run this script

SELECT * FROM MAXDOMVALCOND WHERE DOMAINID = 'INCIDENTSTATUS'

if you found any result related your conditionnum, it means record is saved.

Even after saving you are able to see INPROG status in RESOLVED incident, then turn admin mode ON and turn admin mode OFF.

Hope it works.
    And also I observed that at step 8: Filter list for Condition '1012' (previously set up to contain "status in ('RESOLVED'))

I think you have to change conditon as "status not in ('RESOLVED')"

Cheers,
    NJSReddy
  • Keith6868
    Keith6868
    15 Posts

‏2012-12-13T10:48:41Z  
    I found out why this would not work for me.

There is a 'New Row' button in the 'View/Modify Conditions' dialog box but, despite having super-user permissions, it does not appear on my screen.

Hence, the boxes I was taking to be data entry boxes are actually just filter boxes.

If I go to Application Designer, find that button, click on its 'Properties' and remove the 'Signature Option' currently set to 'ADDCONDITION' and save, then go back to the Domain Administration application, I am now able to see the 'New Row' button and use it to add conditions.

My test now works so many thanks for the help on this.
  • Keith6868
    Keith6868
    15 Posts

‏2012-12-13T11:25:32Z  
    Just in case anyone is interested, the problem I encountered with the 'New Row' button is acknowledged as a bug: APAR 'IZ64904'.

The APAR proposes a workaround which does not involve removing the 'ADDCONDITION' signature option from the 'New row' button properties on 'View/Modify Conditions' which seems to work.

This bug is fixed in 7.1.1.6.