Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-18T23:51:08Z by mgibson
mgibson
mgibson
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Customise the Appearance of Business Glossary...

‏2012-12-10T23:03:39Z |
Hi,

We were wondering if it's possible to customise the appearance of BG?

Obviously we can use the API to create a whole new app, but I'm curious to know if we can tweak the normal BG GUI to corporatise it?

I can't seem to find reference in the doco.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Mick
Updated on 2012-12-10T23:38:40Z at 2012-12-10T23:38:40Z by mgibson
  • deboots
    deboots
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Customise the Appearance of Business Glossary...

‏2012-12-10T23:23:06Z  in response to mgibson
    Hi Mick- IBM has set this up to allow some easy customization of some pieces. You do have to be a BG Administrator. You login to BG and select the Administrator tab. There is a menu option for General Settings. This is where you can make the text wecome specific to your company. You can replace the IBM logo with your logo. This is where you set the default email address to be used for 'feedback' (if a Steward is not indicated for a term). Most of it was straightforward. I did need help from the System Administrator for the picture - because the .jpg file had to be loaded on the Information Server - no upload utility provided for me as the Administrator. Hope that helps!
  • mgibson
    mgibson
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T23:38:40Z  in response to mgibson
    Hi deboots,

I should have stated that we've already done those things, and I guess we're looking for something a little more than that. For example, changing what appears in the title banner, etc.

We want to create an internal 'Brand Name' for this metadata management service, and would like to label it accordingly.

Anyone have any ideas? Perhaps I can at least swap out some image files fromt he original IBM ones to our own ones - keeping the filename the same; eg. 'bg-antares-product-name.gif'

Mick
    • JanHenderyckx
      JanHenderyckx
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-16T08:32:32Z  in response to mgibson

Hi Mick,

We are at the point of starting to fiddle with the file and style sheet. Have you already made any changes and if so what where your experiences?

Grtz,

Jan

• mgibson
        mgibson
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-18T23:51:08Z  in response to JanHenderyckx

Hi Jan,

No, we've done nothing further.  Our skills don't really extend into the web / CSS areas, so I'm not confident enough to change this type of stuff.

How have you gone with it - have you been able to change much?

Mick