Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T16:01:57Z by nmullin
efreid
efreid
1 Post

Pinned topic Showing all columns in the diagram

‏2012-12-10T22:04:42Z |
Hello, currently in a trial for this product. Reverse engineered our existing production database without problem. Now I'd like to show all columns within the table and arrange for printing. How do I display the columns under the table name within the diagram?

...Eric...
Updated on 2012-12-11T16:01:57Z at 2012-12-11T16:01:57Z by nmullin
  • reital
    reital
    58 Posts

Re: Showing all columns in the diagram

‏2012-12-11T02:24:53Z  
    Hi Eric.

You can open the property view of the diagram (if not opened, From the top bar menu, Windows->Show Views->Properties),Then focus on the diagram created and navigated to the "Filters" tab, the options in the filters tab is control the display options for diagram in focus.

Thanks .
    -Tao
  • nmullin
    nmullin
    50 Posts

Re: Showing all columns in the diagram

‏2012-12-11T16:01:57Z  
    • reital
    • ‏2012-12-11T02:24:53Z
    Hi Eric.

You can open the property view of the diagram (if not opened, From the top bar menu, Windows->Show Views->Properties),Then focus on the diagram created and navigated to the "Filters" tab, the options in the filters tab is control the display options for diagram in focus.

Thanks .
    -Tao
    To expand a bit more what Tao said:

To add all columns to the diagram

1- check the 'Show Key' and 'Show non-Key' options of the Filters tab of the diagrams property view.

I assume that you have more than a few entities and therefore you probably want to use the Arrange-all option of IDA once you add all the columns to the diagram and therefore I also recommend to do the following:

2- Re-arrange the diagram by using IDA Arrange All capability. This can be done by selecting Diagrams from the Menu Bar and selecting Arrange --> All. Or by right clicking on an empty space of the diagram and selecting Arrange All.

Hope this helps