Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-04T19:37:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic JQuery palette not showing

‏2012-12-10T16:29:18Z |
I have installed WL505 on both a new Indigo and Juno Eclipse IDE and in both cases I am unable to see the JQuery palette. I have tried loading a project with references to JQuery libraries already and tried creating a new project, adding the libraries and pointing to them in the code. Is there anything special I needed to do for this to work? I can still see the Dojo and HTML palettes, so it doesn't seem to be an eclipse problem. I am running on a MacBook using the 32-bit Eclipse IDE's.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: JQuery palette not showing

‏2012-12-10T16:44:16Z  
    I think there is a problem when installing through the Eclipse marketplace. When I install the WL developers edition that way it does not come with the JQuery tools. You have to download the repository from the IBM side to have the included JQuery tools or add the IBM URL as a repository. Maybe I missed a step, but is that by design or an oversight with the Marketplace version of 505?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-12-10T17:43:32Z  
    I think there is a problem when installing through the Eclipse marketplace. When I install the WL developers edition that way it does not come with the JQuery tools. You have to download the repository from the IBM side to have the included JQuery tools or add the IBM URL as a repository. Maybe I missed a step, but is that by design or an oversight with the Marketplace version of 505?
    There is definitely something wrong with the Marketplace config. It doesn't give you the option to install the jQuery Mobile tools.

After a marketplace install however, you can go to Help->Install New Software->select the site : http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/wdeupdate/ (which should have been added to your defined sites by the marketplace install.

At that point you have the option to install the IBM jQuery Mobile tools.

I did notice that a Worklight jQuery Mobile project created before adding the tools did not show the palette. I assume that there is a missing project nature that would need to be added. In any case, creating a new Worklight Project with jQuery mobile after installing the tools results in the palette being available.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-12-10T22:26:24Z  
    There is definitely something wrong with the Marketplace config. It doesn't give you the option to install the jQuery Mobile tools.

After a marketplace install however, you can go to Help->Install New Software->select the site : http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/wdeupdate/ (which should have been added to your defined sites by the marketplace install.

I did notice that a Worklight jQuery Mobile project created before adding the tools did not show the palette. I assume that there is a missing project nature that would need to be added. In any case, creating a new Worklight Project with jQuery mobile after installing the tools results in the palette being available.
    Apologize for the inconvenience; Marketplace has been updated.

Side note: As of 5.0.5 the RPE installable feature of studio has been replaced with the jQuery Mobile Tools installable feature. You now get RPE (Rich Page Editor) by default with studio.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-12-11T16:23:03Z  

I have similar question same as David. How to show JQuery Mobile palette in existing project?

Thanks!

Jerry
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts

‏2012-12-12T05:29:48Z  
    Have you tried doing a second pass on "check for update" to make sure you have installed the jQuery Mobile tools?
    Also, as see of Jerry's comment from above helps:
    ... In any case, creating a new Worklight Project with jQuery mobile after installing the tools results in the palette being available.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    30 Posts

‏2012-12-12T06:03:21Z  
    • IdanAdar
    • ‏2012-12-12T05:29:48Z
    Have you tried doing a second pass on "check for update" to make sure you have installed the jQuery Mobile tools?
    Also, as see of Jerry's comment from above helps:
    ... In any case, creating a new Worklight Project with jQuery mobile after installing the tools results in the palette being available.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    If you have mobile tools instaLled but the mobile palete doesn't show up, make sure you have the non minimized version of the js selected as well.... See if that works out for you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-12-19T19:36:26Z  
    I created a new app with 5.0.5 studio
    I did NOT add any references to jquery locations when prompted.
    No JQuery widgets available in my palette (as expected, I guess)
    Later, I downloaded the js and css for jquery.mobile-1.2.0 (uncompressed), imported the files into the corresponding common/js and common/css directories and added references to them in my html file with script and link tags
    I stopped and restarted eclipse and my JQuery Mobile widgets became available in the palette

1) Is restarting eclipse the only way to get the palette to refresh?
    2) What is the content/purpose of the JQuery base that is already included in every Worklight app? Is there a case where a developer would use only that base content and not need to download/include the jquery mobile js and css?
    3) Is there a demo/video/tutorial that shows use of the JQuery Mobile Widgets from the palette?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-04T19:37:25Z  
    I created a new app with 5.0.5 studio
    I did NOT add any references to jquery locations when prompted.
    No JQuery widgets available in my palette (as expected, I guess)
    Later, I downloaded the js and css for jquery.mobile-1.2.0 (uncompressed), imported the files into the corresponding common/js and common/css directories and added references to them in my html file with script and link tags
    I stopped and restarted eclipse and my JQuery Mobile widgets became available in the palette

1) Is restarting eclipse the only way to get the palette to refresh?
    2) What is the content/purpose of the JQuery base that is already included in every Worklight app? Is there a case where a developer would use only that base content and not need to download/include the jquery mobile js and css?
    3) Is there a demo/video/tutorial that shows use of the JQuery Mobile Widgets from the palette?
    as soon as I added the non-min version, closed the html file then reopened it, I got the jQuery Mobile Widget palette to appear.