Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-11T15:28:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts

Pinned topic Problem with Studio 5.0.5 IM install on Windows

‏2012-12-10T15:34:16Z |
I've used Installation Manager to install WL Studio for Mobile Foundation Enterprise Edition 5.0.5 (64 bit) in Windows 7.

The installation seems to go OK, and I can start Studio. But when I go to Help -> Install new Software (to install ADT) I get a dialog:

Cannot complete the request. The installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates. See the error log for details.

When I look at the error log, I see:

C:\IBM\WLStudio\$nl$\ov_getstart.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

Any suggestions?
  • tennenjl
    tennenjl
    2 Posts

Re: Problem with Studio 5.0.5 IM install on Windows

‏2012-12-11T20:40:37Z  
    I hit exactly the same error. I am also using Win7 64-bit. If I download eclipse and install Worklight as a plugin, I don't see this error. Has anyone been able to get past this error when installing using IM? Thanks!

Jeff
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-11T21:09:23Z  
    • tennenjl
    • ‏2012-12-11T20:40:37Z
    I hit exactly the same error. I am also using Win7 64-bit. If I download eclipse and install Worklight as a plugin, I don't see this error. Has anyone been able to get past this error when installing using IM? Thanks!

Jeff
    Might there be an issue related to permissions? Check out this post: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30756
  • tennenjl
    tennenjl
    2 Posts

‏2012-12-11T23:42:27Z  
    Might there be an issue related to permissions? Check out this post: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30756
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing permissions on the windows folder and made my userid the owner, but unfortunately I am still seeing the error. For now, I am just going to have to go with the non-Installation Manager approach.
    Thanks again,
    Jeff
  • Philippe Kaplan
    Philippe Kaplan
    1 Post

‏2012-12-12T08:52:20Z  
    • tennenjl
    • ‏2012-12-11T23:42:27Z
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing permissions on the windows folder and made my userid the owner, but unfortunately I am still seeing the error. For now, I am just going to have to go with the non-Installation Manager approach.
    Thanks again,
    Jeff
    Are you sure you run IM as administrator ? On windows 7 this is highly recommended, if not mandatory...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-12T17:04:37Z  
    • tennenjl
    • ‏2012-12-11T23:42:27Z
    Thanks again,
    Jeff
    We've opened a defect to investigate this issue. Another user reported that he was running as administrator and still saw this error.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-12T17:07:24Z  
    We've opened a defect to investigate this issue. Another user reported that he was running as administrator and still saw this error.

Workaround for now is to use the eclipse plugin (P2 update) install for studio, performing a clean install of 5.0.5, then import any previous 5.0.0.x projects.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-12T21:29:10Z  
    Workaround for now is to use the eclipse plugin (P2 update) install for studio, performing a clean install of 5.0.5, then import any previous 5.0.0.x projects.

I recreated the problem.
    I did some digging on the web and found this ... http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/799579/
    After reading it, I tried the following and got it working. I'm communicating this same message back to development.
    • Open the <install>/configuration/config.ini file
    • Find the line starting with osgi.bundles=
    • Add to the end of that line the following: ,org.eclipse.equinox.ds@start
    • Restart Eclipse
    • Attempt to check for updates or install new software bring up the proper dialog without error.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-12T22:22:22Z  
    I recreated the problem.
    I did some digging on the web and found this ... http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/799579/
    After reading it, I tried the following and got it working. I'm communicating this same message back to development.
    • Open the <install>/configuration/config.ini file
    • Find the line starting with osgi.bundles=
    • Add to the end of that line the following: ,org.eclipse.equinox.ds@start
    • Restart Eclipse
    • Attempt to check for updates or install new software bring up the proper dialog without error.
    Scratch that last comment. Got some wires crossed here. Still investigating with development.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-17T22:12:49Z  
    I ran into this error as well. I found that if I uninstalled Worklight and deleted the SDPShared directory, I would not get the error after another install. This was just experimenting and it is not a good thing to do, but it may give you a hint to where the problem is. It appears to be something in the SDPShared directory.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-18T13:30:21Z  
    I ran into this error as well. I found that if I uninstalled Worklight and deleted the SDPShared directory, I would not get the error after another install. This was just experimenting and it is not a good thing to do, but it may give you a hint to where the problem is. It appears to be something in the SDPShared directory.
    The development team is still investigating, but a simple workaround has been found that works on each environment we've tried. Run Eclipse with the -clean flag. If you use the Worklight.cmd command script, add the -clean flag there.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2013-01-10T19:51:56Z  
    The development team is still investigating, but a simple workaround has been found that works on each environment we've tried. Run Eclipse with the -clean flag. If you use the Worklight.cmd command script, add the -clean flag there.
    using -clean works for me
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2013-02-11T15:28:00Z  

Hello, I tried to use The WL 5.0.5 IM install on win7 64bit, I used the -clean workaround and when I tried to install the ADT plugin I got the following:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Android Native Development Tools 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035)
    Missing requirement: Android Native Development Tools 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035) requires 'org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Is this still an open issue or I missed something?
    I still haven't upgraded to WL 5.0.5.1, would it fix the problem? If not, should I still carry on with the eclipse plugin (P2 update) install for studio to have the ADT plugin correctly installed?

Thanks, Simone.