Topic
12 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-11T15:28:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem with Studio 5.0.5 IM install on Windows

‏2012-12-10T15:34:16Z |
I've used Installation Manager to install WL Studio for Mobile Foundation Enterprise Edition 5.0.5 (64 bit) in Windows 7.

The installation seems to go OK, and I can start Studio. But when I go to Help -> Install new Software (to install ADT) I get a dialog:

Cannot complete the request. The installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates. See the error log for details.

When I look at the error log, I see:

C:\IBM\WLStudio\$nl$\ov_getstart.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

Any suggestions?
  • tennenjl
    tennenjl
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem with Studio 5.0.5 IM install on Windows

‏2012-12-11T20:40:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I hit exactly the same error. I am also using Win7 64-bit. If I download eclipse and install Worklight as a plugin, I don't see this error. Has anyone been able to get past this error when installing using IM? Thanks!

Jeff
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      300 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T21:09:23Z  in response to tennenjl
      Might there be an issue related to permissions? Check out this post: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30756
      • tennenjl
        tennenjl
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T23:42:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing permissions on the windows folder and made my userid the owner, but unfortunately I am still seeing the error. For now, I am just going to have to go with the non-Installation Manager approach.
        Thanks again,
        Jeff
        • Philippe Kaplan
          Philippe Kaplan
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T08:52:20Z  in response to tennenjl
          Are you sure you run IM as administrator ? On windows 7 this is highly recommended, if not mandatory...
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          300 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T17:04:37Z  in response to tennenjl
          We've opened a defect to investigate this issue. Another user reported that he was running as administrator and still saw this error.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            300 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T17:07:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Workaround for now is to use the eclipse plugin (P2 update) install for studio, performing a clean install of 5.0.5, then import any previous 5.0.0.x projects.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              300 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T21:29:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              I recreated the problem.
              I did some digging on the web and found this ... http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/799579/
              After reading it, I tried the following and got it working. I'm communicating this same message back to development.
              • Open the <install>/configuration/config.ini file
              • Find the line starting with osgi.bundles=
              • Add to the end of that line the following: ,org.eclipse.equinox.ds@start
              • Restart Eclipse
              • Attempt to check for updates or install new software bring up the proper dialog without error.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                300 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T22:22:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Scratch that last comment. Got some wires crossed here. Still investigating with development.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              300 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-11T15:28:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hello, I tried to use The WL 5.0.5 IM install on win7 64bit, I used the -clean workaround and when I tried to install the ADT plugin I got the following:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
              Software being installed: Android Native Development Tools 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035)
              Missing requirement: Android Native Development Tools 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035 (com.android.ide.eclipse.ndk.feature.group 21.0.1.v201212060256-543035) requires 'org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Is this still an open issue or I missed something?
              I still haven't upgraded to WL 5.0.5.1, would it fix the problem? If not, should I still carry on with the eclipse plugin (P2 update) install for studio to have the ADT plugin correctly installed?

Thanks, Simone.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T22:12:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I ran into this error as well. I found that if I uninstalled Worklight and deleted the SDPShared directory, I would not get the error after another install. This was just experimenting and it is not a good thing to do, but it may give you a hint to where the problem is. It appears to be something in the SDPShared directory.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      300 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-18T13:30:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      The development team is still investigating, but a simple workaround has been found that works on each environment we've tried. Run Eclipse with the -clean flag. If you use the Worklight.cmd command script, add the -clean flag there.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        300 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-10T19:51:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        using -clean works for me