Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T17:27:16Z by rmoskwa
PatrickGuay
PatrickGuay
90 Posts

Pinned topic Formating text directly in DOORS

‏2012-12-10T13:43:04Z |
I am interested in formatting the text of a given object directly in DOORS without having to ressort to DXL Markup.

Is there a way to strikethrough, underline, highlight directly in DOORS?

Does anyone know of a fancy tool DXL created by the DOORS/DXL community that provides a solution to this problem? I was thinking of creating a tool that has buttons, drop-boxes and more bells and whistles that would allow me to format my DOORS Objects.

Thanks in advance
Patrick
Updated on 2012-12-11T17:27:16Z at 2012-12-11T17:27:16Z by rmoskwa
  • mcnairk
    mcnairk
    111 Posts

Re: Formating text directly in DOORS

‏2012-12-10T13:51:32Z  
    A quick and dirty way is to copy and paste the text into a Word doc, format as desired, and then copy and paste back into DOORS.

Ken.
  • PatrickGuay
    PatrickGuay
    90 Posts

‏2012-12-10T14:01:24Z  
    That is a quick fix and I will most likely use it often. Thanks for the info.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-12-10T16:46:47Z  
    Maybe I do not understand what you are asking but you can format the text with normal DOORS toolbar functions: "To format text, use the buttons on the formatting tool bar. You can apply bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, superscript, and subscript. You can also apply bullets to lists, and increase or decrease the indentation of text in columns."

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/doorshlp/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.doors.requirements.doc/topics/c_editinginthemodulewindow.html

If the formatting toolbar is not visible right click on the toolbar area (Ctrl-B / Ctrl-U etc. also work when editing text attribute).

• Pekka Mäkinen - http://www.softqa.eu/
  • PatrickGuay
    PatrickGuay
    90 Posts

‏2012-12-10T17:02:15Z  
    Thanks ! That is pretty much what I was looking for.

However, as master script that allows a little more options would be great. Bold, strike, underline, highliting, font size, font...

Maybe IBM will think of the poor users one day instead of designing on the corner of the table. Just a thought (o:`,
  • rmoskwa
    rmoskwa
    46 Posts

‏2012-12-11T17:27:16Z  
    Thanks ! That is pretty much what I was looking for.

However, as master script that allows a little more options would be great. Bold, strike, underline, highliting, font size, font...

Maybe IBM will think of the poor users one day instead of designing on the corner of the table. Just a thought (o:`,
    The old kitchen scripts have a richtext folder that has applyRT.dxl and other stuff. You need the whole kitchen to get other include files to make it work. It could be a good starting point.